A story no one cared to tell

Many centuries ago the Goddess of nature walked alone in a realm forsaken by her creations. The Goddess could never leave her realm, as her creations tricked her by trapping her in the realm of the sky. The creatures she had created in the world below had split into 4 species: one the humans, two the mages, Three the shapeshifters and the last were the watchers. The humans were jealous of the mages as they possessed magic, so they tried to steal the power for themselves. However, doing so angered not only the mages but the shapeshifters as well. war broke out with the 4 species creating the 4 kingdoms, However one decided to not partake in such matters that being the watchers and as they did not have any means of going to war, they had no defences or an army of their own. The humans decided to take advantage of this and almost completely wiped out the watchers, some fled However there queen stayed with her country to the end.

The queen suffered great loss from her choice as 2 months before she would bear a child her husband was killed trying to protect his kingdom. 2 months passed and the queen had gone into labour, she was fearful for her baby as her health was deteriorating day by day. When she gave birth she found she was right to worry as her baby girl was ill and so weak the queen was panicked for the survival of her child.

A month later the queen had searched everywhere for a cure, however, she was starting to think it was hopeless as no doctor could explain the baby's illness. A ray of hope then came to the queen she had heard of a mage passing through her kingdom one of whom had powerful magic, she rushed as fast as possible with babe in arms to where the mage was last seen.

When she found the mage she begged for him to cure her child but the mage asked for payment. The queen Offered money and even her life as payment, the mage agreed, however when the mage made the deal he took more than agreed and said to her as her life was draining away: ' Foolish woman, to think you would trust the enemy, now I have your life and your child's soul and until your child takes the soul back it will never die, and when the soul is returned everything she has ever loved shall be erased from her memory, she will not get her soul back unless she kills me.' The mage then vanished leaving the crying child next to her Dead mother. Seconds after the mage had left, the baby's hair turned silver And its eyes were as golden as the sunset.

A traveller just so happens to be passing by where the queen lays with her child. He spots them both, the man checked the woman's Pulse to see if she was alive sadly the traveller was too late, he then noticed the baby and Immediately picked her up from her mother's cold arms, the baby was Wearing nothing but a blanket and a necklace with a moon carved into it. The traveller told the child that she was safe now and would never let any harm come to her, he then gave a gentle smile as the baby grabbed his finger. I shall call you Luna like the necklace you wear, I  believe you will light the dark for others and find your light in doing so.