Prologue I

-Third POV-

Remnant, a world where the god of Light and Darkness have settled their differences with one and another after the God of Darkness created creatures called Grimm to destroy his older brother's creations. So as a sign of truce they decided to create a whole new set of life as a joint project, this new set of life they created and are living amongst them are called humans. In the beginning, the gods watched the humans in secret, and centuries later they watched how humans progressed and how they fend off against the Grimm. Impressed how they were able to fend off the Grimm to an extent but still struggled to fend off the large hordes of them, seeing this, the two brothers decided it was time to make their presence known to the humans. After making their presence known, the humans can only stare in awe and fright the two as they felt immense power emulating from the gods standing in front of them. Feeling this immense power from the brothers many of the humans, more specifically the leaders begged them to help them fight the Grimm. The two brothers refused to help them personally but as a sign of power they decided to give the humans the ability to use magic to help themselves fend off the Grimm and allowed any human to see them for wisdom and guidance. While the God of Darkness, reluctant to do so, it took his brother some time to convince him to do so. With that the brothers left the humans and would monitor their progress.

Since the humans have gotten the ability to use magic, they have built civilizations all across Remnant and fend off against the Grimm. As time continued over the centuries, civilization flourished when with the one king, King Uther Pendragon, king of Camelot took the crown of Camelot. King Uther lead his people all across Remnant, after centuries of living in one region the King decided to expand his kingdom by creat no many settlements across Remnant and they continued to grow and leading armies to fend off against the Grimm, making them a more easier to deal with. But as life seems to be good for humans enjoying the peace, it's all about to change. Seeing how fast the human race has progressed and how easily they have bested the Grimm, the God of Darkness decided to make things more... entertaining. He manipulated powerful leaders in charge of these settlements in believing they don't need to follow the rule of King Uther but their own. This lead to multiple settlements to break free from King Uther's rule to create their own kingdom and revolt against him which led to a war. And with the war going on it attracted large numbers of Grimm to attack the tired forces of man.

The war was long and gruesome, lasting more than a decade with countless lives lost from the war, but King Uther and many of the new established kingdoms have come to an agreement and signed a peace treaty. King Uther would allow these newly established kingdoms to live freely and independent but in return to trade amongst each other to rebuild trust and hope to live in peace once again. But King Uther never got a chance to see that happen as a few years later he passed from an unknown illness leaving his young son, Arthur Pendragon to take the crown. The new king look fairly young, younger then your average king as he looked to be in his early twenties with dark blonde hair, brown eyes. As the young man has been appointed as king many thought he wasn't ready for the task due to his lack of experience and leadership, leaving the King's advisor, Merlin and twelve of the Kings trusted high commanding knights to watch over the boy and help guide him. Because of the death of King Uthura many of the kingdoms broke the treaty seeing how this was the perfect opportunity to gain some land and expand their kingdom, bringing all of Remnant to another war, but this time was for more power.

Being an inexperienced leader and not once saw battle, King Arthur didn't know what to do as more and more of their land was being taken. Knowing he doesn't have time to sit back and watch his land and his people get slaughtered by other kingdoms, he needed to act fast. What makes matters worse is similar to the first war Grimm were attracted to all kingdoms which forced them to call back a few of their forces to hold them off and defend their kingdom and slow their assault on neighboring kingdoms. But this was different, the Grimm were for some reason much stronger and new types of Grimm that proved to be too much for some kingdoms, leading them to fall. So not only did the young king had to fight other kingdoms he also needs to fend off the oncoming hordes of Grimm consuming small villages. As King Arthur was planning a counter attack on a neighboring kingdom called Saxon who have raided few of their villages and outposts, one of his scouts alerted him that a large horde of Grimm coming from the West and was on their way to Camelot. Upon hearing the troubling news, the young king ordered his men to prepare to head out and cut off the Grimm.