7

Tyler’s POV

It was raining, heavily. We were on our way to a carnival they had set up near Central Park. It literally came out of nowhere.

After our run, we came straight back and all of us had to shower (and because we only had one bathroom, it took us a while).

I honestly didn’t expect this weather to be as bipolar as Amy. But what exactly did I expect? We didn’t really check for the weather. And maybe this trip would’ve been cheaper if we had booked our hotels way ahead of time and if we had gone from the closest city to where we live, to the farthest city. Gas is not cheap for high school graduates who are classified as unemployed because they have not started university yet.

We decided to spend the day at the hotel we were staying at. Luckily, they had unlimited free Wi-Fi, so my data plan does not have to suffer.

I was scrolling through Instagram. I actually had two accounts. One I named fakevers_top while the other I named tyler_ce. I had two accounts for the sole purpose that I could stalk people without getting caught. For example, Pierce. I’ve stalked his Instagram like a dozen times, and I don’t even feel that bad about it anymore. fakevers_top has served me well.

As I was scrolling through my actual Instagram’s feed, I noticed that Amy had posted to her Instagram story. She posted that she was having a wonderful time at the carnival we were supposed to go to. I immediately send her a direct message.

Pierce, Amy, Tris and I were all sitting in the lobby on separate single couches (I’m not sure what to call them, but they’re couches for one person. I had on a pair of headphones while Pierce and Amy had in earphones. Tris only ever listened to music out loud, so with speakers and stuff because he says that headphones and earphones will damage your hearing. I had Lucid Dreams by Juice WRLD, bad idea by Ariana Grande and Last Hurrah by Bebe Rexha all on repeat. The perfect three song playlist.

Me: Um…we’re sitting in a lobby…
amy_1921: I know, I just don’t wanna have people think that our trip was a fail
Me: Okay, but where did you even get this picture?

It was sunny in the picture and she had somehow photo shopped herself standing next to a reasonably sized, red ferris wheel. It wasn’t obvious that she had done it, but if you looked carefully enough, you would be able to see that it is fake.

amy_1921: I have a certain set of skillz
Me: You know, we gotta talk about it
amy_1921: No, we don’t, I’m cool
Me: but you like Tris, and you’ve been acting weird ever since you told me
amy_1921: Okay, I hate this crush; I wish it could just go away okay…I just don’t wanna freak him out
Me: I get it
amy_1921: right?! You’re gay and have had crushes on a lot of straight guys, so you know how I feel
Me: yeah…I guess so
amy_1921: I mean, you already have a crush on Pierce
Me: wtf…how the eff do you know about that?
amy_1921: I notice things, like you know that water bottle that you never let anyone touch, well, you let Pierce drink out of it
Me: its just a bottle
amy_1921: Oh, and you always smile in a weird way whenever you talk to him or think about him or see him
amy_1921: YOURE DOING IT NOW!!

I instinctively blush when I read that last message. Yes, I do have a crush on Pierce, but that doesn’t mean we can’t just stay friends, right?

I also did something very stupid with him a couple of months ago.

It was around 2p.m on a Saturday, and I was just relaxing at home, then Pierce texted me. He was trying to scare me, because I was home alone that weekend because my parents went on a couple’s retreat in Nevada.

Pierce: I can see you
Me: Whatre you doing?
Pierce: I can see you
Me: Is this some sad attempt at scaring me?
Pierce: Put that down
Me: I don’t have anything in my hand, I am lying down on the couch and my phone is lying on it
Pierce: Don’t lie to me, I can see you
Me: Theres better ways to scare people, you know
Pierce: You better put that down Tyler
Me: Like showing up at their house with an axe…
Pierce: Im at the door
Me: …or like pretending you got shot…
Pierce: open up
Me: …or watching a horror movie then scaring them when it gets silent
Pierce: don’t be dumb
Me: I know how to scare you
Pierce: …
Me: imma act really homo
Pierce: you wont scare me, I’m secretly gay
Me: Yeah, okay *scoffs in disbelief*
Pierce: Im serious
Me: Then who’s the hottest guy in school?
Pierce: Adam, in our grade, but he’s an ass
Me: I don’t belive you
Pierce: I can prove it to you
Me: then you gotta kiss a guy
Pierce: Sure, who?
Me: me
Pierce: Okay, come over right now, im alone
Me: okay, see you then