chapter four ; visitors

Brayden just relaxed in his room for the rest of the week, talking to all his internet friends over TeamSpeak. Sometimes he would go talk to Sierra and they'd get to know each other a bit more. Today, though, he invited his best buddies Ryan and Mitch over to his house. The three other girls were out shopping and his brother was at a friend's house.

The plan was to introduce them to Sierra so she'd have more guy friends and to make them taste her unbelievably good hot chocolate.

When they arrived, Brayden was taking a nap. They rang the doorbell multiple times, which aggravated Sierra so much. She didn't know people were going over so she assumed it'd be her mom. She answered the door with only an oversized hoodie and short shorts on. When she opened it, she squealed and closed the door back again. Unfortunately for her, Ryan had stopped the door from closing with his foot.

"Who are you?" Ryan asked, confused.

"The more important question is who are you two?" Sierra said, peeking her head out. She took a good look on the boys.

One had this longish wavy hair and the other kinda looked like Zac Efron in High School Musical. Who are these people anyway?

"I asked first!"

"And I'm living in the house!"

They glared at each other for a few seconds before being interrupted by Brayden himself. "What the hell was all that noise?"

"Finally!" Both Ryan and Sierra said at the same time. Sierra ran behind Brayden while Ryan and Mitch entered the home.

Ryan scoffed. "You're acting like a kid."

"And you're acting like a total jerk." Mitch then patted his back. "I'm Mitch." He smiled. "The hippie guy over there is Ryan."

Sierra looked over at Ryan and narrowed her eyes on him. He was rude... Unlike Mitch and Brayden, they were gentlemen. At least, she thought they were. "Okay... I still don't get why you're here."

"Isn't it obvious? Brayden invited us over." Ryan said, annoyed.

"Shut the fuck up, Ryan."

Sierra yelped. The f-bomb was just dropped by Brayden. She didn't know he said nasty words like those!

Ryan frowned at the noise she made. "What the fuck was that about?"

Once again, Sierra got startled.

"She doesn't like it when people curse." Brayden muttered.

"Bad words are disgusting..." She wrinkled her nose.

"You really are childish, aren't you?" Ryan asked rudely. "Hiding behind Brayden like you're a five year old and not cussing? Pathetic little shit."

Sierra was about to shoot back mean words when Mitch interrupted her. She was ready to spat out her first curse right then and there. He's a jerk. "Ryan. Relax, dude. So what? You're pretty immature, too."

"Whatever." Ryan rolled his eyes. "Brayden, just make me that delicious hot chocolate you keep blabbering on about."

"Oh, I'm don't make it myself, she does."

Everyone's heads snapped to Sierra, who was thinking of comebacks, just in case. "What...?"

"Make us hot chocs, please, Sier?" Brayden asked.

A thought about poisoning Ryan's drink popped into her mind which surprised herself. She was becoming so violent! "You're lucky we don't have poison." She mumbled, hoping no one heard. Someone did, though, it was Mitch and he bursted out laughing, clutching his stomach even.

"The fuck you laughing about, mate?" Ryan asked. Everything seemed to just piss him off today...

"S - she's hilarious, dude. Sierra, that was amazing."

"What did she say?" Brayden laughed, amused. He knew about her little remarks, she has been doing that since she was a little kid.

Sierra smirked. "Nothing! I'll go make some now..." Then she ran off to the kitchen.

"Finally, back where she belongs..." Ryan muttered.

"Yo, what's gotten in your pants? You've been so rude today." Brayden frowned. Ryan's never usually like this, he's a nice guy.

Ryan sighed, realizing his mistakes. "Gemma broke up with me. She said they were moving to Australia because of her dad's job or something..." By then, he was clutching his hand. Gemma has been his girlfriend for a few months now and he really likes her. Apparently, she's leaving and the thought of a long distance relationship didn't sound too appealing...

"Really? Damn." Mitch stated. "Is she ever coming back, though?"

Ryan ruffled his own hair. "She said it's a whole year..."

"Well, no matter how huge your problem is, you still need to apologize." Brayden instructed to his best friend.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Sierra had four Christmas mugs on the counter along with all the ingredients for her hot chocolate. She was still confused as to why Brayden liked it so much. It was a normal taste for her...

Sierra warmed up some water in the heater. She then took a three tablespoons full of Milo, two full of powdered milk and one of sugar and stirred the dry ingredients together. She did that for all four mugs until the water was ready. After pouring the water in, everything was stirred and at the exact time, Brayden barged in. "Is it done yet?"

"Yeah. Just finished!" Sierra said and quickly got the white mug with silver snowflakes all around it. It was her most precious mug. She bought it for a dollar and she honestly thought it was the most gorgeous thing ever.

"Cool." He said then took a red and white mug, with the design kind of looking like a Christmas sweater. Brayden took a sip of it and moaned. "So good."

As soon as Ryan heard what his best friend said, he took a warm mug for himself. Before her even got a chance to sip, though, he got interrupted by Mitch. "Ryan, don't you need to say something to the lady?"

Sierra raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry for my behavior back there. That was rude of me..." Ryan sighed.

"Okay..." The only girl in the room muttered. "Accepted."

"Thanks." Ryan beamed. "Now to drink some of this." He sipped on the chocolately liquid which later on filled up his mouth.

"Is it good?" Mitch asked, bringing the mug closer to his lips.

Ryan just nodded and continued drinking.

Mitch drank it too, while Sierra looked at the three, amused. How could all of them have liked her chocolate? She really didn't understand.

"Damn..." Mitch mumbled. "This is probably the best I've ever had."

Sierra blushed and grinned at the boys. "Thank you!" She giggled.

Brayden's head snapped to the sound of her adorable laugh. His heart skipped a beat when he saw her beautiful smile. It brought up his mood from a two to a ten. He wasn't feeling as crappy anymore, just because of a girl's smile.

What is up with him?