chapter six ; why

Sierra stared at Megan, dumbfounded. "What feelings?"

"Feelings." Megan shrugged. "Like romantic feelings, or attraction."

That's impossible. How could cute childhood friend Brayden like like boring old Sierra? It never crossed her mind that Brayden liked her, although it crossed her mind that she liked him. "Huh. I don't think so, Megan. There's nothing there..."

In response, Megan just frowned. Is this girl serious? She thought, getting quite annoyed. Now she knew what Brayden meant by innocent and naive. How could he like her? I mean, there was nothing wrong with her but... why her?

The two of them didn't speak for minutes, until Sierra broke the silence with a peculiar question. Or at least it was strange for her... "Hey Megan?" She blushed. "Have you... have you ever kissed someone?"

Megan stared at her like she was some creature from a different universe. "Course I have. It was actually, really with Mitch. It's part of the reason they think we're dating, but we were honestly just being curious teenagers. You haven't?"

This made Sierra sigh. "No... I just want to find the right person."

"Brayden's right there." Megan muttered quietly, making sure Sierra doesn't hear. She was done trying to convince her about Brayden for today. Sierra heard anyway, though, and she continued to question Brayden's 'feelings'.

"You don't understand. If he does like me, how would I know he likes me for me or he just wants to..."

"Fuck you?" Sierra nodded at what Megan said, her face going red as a tomato. "Yeah, well, he does, but I think he likes you as well."

He does. He does... Brayden wants to...? Oh. Sierra thought. Oh my goodness. She didn't even focus on the second half of Megan's sentence anymore. Her brain just directed her back to that time she thoght about kissing Brayden. That made Sierra frown upon herself and shook her head, planning to eradicate those thoughts from her head.

Megan smirked, she knew what was happening. "You're having fantasies, aren't you?"

"Wh-what no! Absolutely not!" Sierra blurted out way too quickly.

"You totally are! You're imagining how kissing Brayden would feel like. Of course, I wouldn't know but you can always ask him."

"No!"

"Or I can ask him for you?"

"No, Meg! I swear..."

The blonde guffawed. "Just messing, Sierra. But in all honesty, I say you give it a chance. Brayden's a great guy. He's smart, although he doesn't like showing that too much in his videos, he's funny and he cares about everyone a lot, too. I'm a hundred percent sure he won't just use you for sex or break your heart or anything. He's gone through those himself, and I doubt he'd want anyone to go through that."

What Megan said got Sierra into thinking, but she still very much doubted that Brayden liked her. I mean, he hasn't said anything, nor showed affection towards Sierra, how would she know he likes her? She has to wait for him to tell her before she acts on it.

The girls walked back to the house in comfortable silence, just Megan humming again.

When they got to their destination and opened the door, Brayden and Mitch were on the sofa, having an arm wrestling match. Brayden was winning, but due to him seeing Sierra look so perfect standing there (i had the chance and i took it i apologize), he lost the game.

He stood up and walked towards her, grinning. For some seconds, he stood there awkwardly and not knowing what to do. It was almost cringe worthy, but it was too cute to label that. "Hey."

After what she and Megan talked about in the past hour or so, Sierra was sure that she'd blush everytime Brayden spoke a word to her. "Hi."

Over at the side, Megan elbowed Mitch and smirked, then made kissy faces toward the two. They laughed quietly.

"So, what did you do today?" Brayden asked.

Sierra stuttered. She was also sure that she was developing feelings for him. "I-uhm. Meg and I went to the p-park... Yeah."

"That's great. Do you... want some alone time for a bit or hang with us?"

It was great that he gave Sierra a choice, she was thankful for it. "I'll head to my room first and get some energy back." Then she excused herself. Once she entered her room, she let out a puff of breath and just listened to the beat of her heart. Too fast.

Meanwhile, back in the living room, conversations were a mix of teasing and serious talk between the three teens.

"So, did Sierra say anything about me a while ago?" Brayden asked, careful not to sound too cocky.

Megan raised a brow at her friend. "Girl code says no, sorry, B."

"Come on, M. Just a tiny sneak peek into your convo?"

"Hmm... Well, she asked if I've ever been kissed. That's all I'm saying, though. And a piece of advice, if you're sure about your feelings for her, make sure to tell her directly."

So Sierra's never kissed anyone? Is that why she asked M that question? How has anyone refused to kiss her? Am I sure of my feelings for her? Those questions floated around Brayden's head.

Though the real question that should be asked is, why is he attracted to her in the first place? How did Brayden take interest in Sierra so quickly?

Is it her face? Her body? Her hot choco? No, those were all just perks. There was something about Sierra that Brayden just can't help but adore. It was possibly her innocence and curiosity, her child-like behavior. When he was with her, he felt like a kid again, carefree. He felt all the weight on his shoulder get lifted off when she walked in the room. She basically lit up his world.

That's it. I like Sierra because she makes me happy without effort.