How it Ends

"Cassidy? Hello?" 

I blink open my eyes, and the dim light brings everything come to view. It takes me about a minute to clearly see everyone. Dr. Garcia walks over. 

"Are you feeling alright?", I wonder why she is asking me this, "Cassidy you fainted. You were asleep in your living room, and the power went off..when the light came, everyone found you lying on the floor unconscious."

I look around and this room feels familiar. The emergency room. I was at this hospital last when I got kidnapped. For several minutes I stay in bed, staring. I lower my gaze and watch my hands carefully. Scratches, bruises. Red and blue marks. 

"Cassidy, you did these to yourself," Dr. Garcia points at the wounds, then adds,"what were you thinking?" 
"The rape. The kidnapping. Them." Warm drops of tears fall down my cold skin. 

Dr. Garcia sighs and pats my shoulder. She opens her mouth to speak, but is interrupted by a knock at the door. The door opens and Calvin enters. "May I speak to Cassidy..for a minute?" 

Dr. Garcia doesn't move an inch.
"Aunt, please?" Calvin insists.
"Fine, but she needs rest," she stares at Calvin for a bit too long before leaving. 

"Calvin?" I blurt when Calvin comes and sit beside my bed, but he puts his hand forward.
"We have been in this so-called relationship for too long Cassidy, yet you kept this a secret from me. Why? I have the right to know everything, in details about you right?" I nod. 
"Then why? Raped, seriously? For God's sake, my girlfriend was gang-raped and I knew nothing about it. Do you know how I feel right now?" His eyes become red and teary.
"Look, I wasn't ready to talk about it..I would've told you. In fact, I was going to but you left." 
"You were going to, and I left.. just wow. You know what? I'm done. I had enough." 
"Excuse me, what do you mean you had enough?" My hearts starts pounding. 
"I had enough for your secrets. I am breaking up, Cassidy." 

I plead him to stay and talk to me, but he leaves. I was left with nothing, but tears and this miserable life. Perhaps, I lost the chance to get back the normal life I was longing for ever since the kidnapping and rape, and will have to be kept in the dark.