Gotta be You: Part 2 (Lilo/Ziam)

- YOU'RE GAY? - Louis exclaimed, looking furious.

- Y-yes? - Liam stuttered.

     He looked down at the floor, not sure if he was feeling ashamed or guilty. Louis never raised his voice at Liam. He was always careful and loving. Louis' eyes softened as he realized how harsh he sounded. He wasn't mad. How could he be? He was shocked. And having Zayn in the same room glaring at him made it even more complicated. Before he'd do anything stupid, he walked to the front door.

- I've gotta go. Bye! - he mumbled and rushed out, slamming the door shut.

     Liam stood there, trying to understand what happened. He wasn't supposed to be kissing Zayn. And more importantly Louis wasn't supposed to be a part of it. He looked up finally and noticed Zayn's death glare at the front door.

- Zee? - he asked softly and moved closer to the older lad.

     Zayn didn't move his eyes from the door, though. He kept staring at it, fisting his hands as if Louis was still there.

- I'm gonna kill that bastard! - he muttered to himself.

- What? - Liam asked confusedly.

     Zayn closed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm his nerves. He looked down at the boy and answered.

- I know I'm not the kindest person around but I'm not gonna let that homophobe talk to you like that.

     Liam flinched slightly at the word.

- Zayn, Lou is not a homophobe. He came out last year. I'm not sure if that's true or not, though. He kept going out with girls, anyways. But that's not the problem. I don't know why he reacted like that. - he shrugged sadly, wanting Louis by his side more than ever.

     Zayn frowned, as it didn't make sense. But Liam knew Louis far better, so he could trust Liam's opinion. He nodded and moved to the couch, Liam following him and sitting by his side.

- What about us? Is he gonna tell this to mum? - Zayn asked nervously.

     If Karen or Yaser found out it would ruin their family to pieces. His father would lose his happiness and the boys would get separated.

- No, he won't. He is not like that. - Liam mumbled, his vision getting blurred.

     Louis wasn't someone to get behind his back, no matter how mad he was. That didn't bother him. What did was the fear of Louis hating him. It seemed impossible but, then again, Louis yelling at him used to seem impossible too. Liam sat there besides Zayn, clutching on the cushions almost hurtfully, as he couldn't fight his fears and stress. It felt like all the mixed emotions rushed through him simultaneously, not giving him the space to breath freely. His state got so severe that his body was physically aching and he could feel Zayn's body towering near him. Zayn wrapped his arms around Liam securely, afraid that he was going to have a real panic attack if his mind kept roaming with thoughts. He tightened his hold around the boy and pressed him to his chest.

- I don't know what to do! I love Louis and I can never have him. Then you came and I got kind of intrigued. And at least I knew you weren't an option. But then you just decided it would be okay to kiss me. I don't know how to deal with this Zayn! I can't love two people. - Liam ranted, letting the tears stream down his face.

     The realization of it all being true horrified him but, on the other hand, voicing it made him feel better, because Zayn was still there. He wasn't alone in it. And Liam knew if he trusted Zayn earlier and told him about his crush, it wouldn't get to that.