Gotta be You: Part 1 (Lilo/Ziam)

Everything was going perfect till Karen and Yaser fell in love. Liam was a high school student, who had feelings for his best friend Louis but he never talked about it. But when his mother married the man, a new person entered his life and turned everything upside down. Zayn Malik. One day he just entered his room like he owned it and that's how they became step-brothers. The fact that he was only two years elder than Liam didn't stop the young boy from being scared. Zayn neither hurt him nor ignored him. He knew he was the center of Zayn's attention all the time. But the raven-haired boy had some strange ways to show his brotherly love. He always looked at Liam like at his prey and that frightening smirk never vanished. The younger sibling kept his distance, but soon they warmed up, when he could see how kind and caring Zayn actually was. He may have the look of a hot serial killer, but he was also one of the sweetest and funniest guys Liam knew. The problem was that there was another sweet and funny guy that Liam was in love with. And that's how Zayn Malik messed up with the boy's head. Just the way he walked into his room, he also walked into his heart without any permission and just stayed there, alongside with his roommate. What bothered Liam the most was the fact that he didn't have a chance with any of them.

     Louis was his best friend since kindergarten. He was the only person, whose company always comforted the shy quiet boy. Their friendship was against logic, as Louis was far too loud and sassy for Liam's taste. But it just worked. Louis liked the new kid at the kindergarten and decided that he would play with him and get to know him better. And even if he was bothering Liam with his non-stop jokes and loud voice at first, he also was kind and protective. In a month they became inseparable and Liam couldn't go anywhere without Louis. He expected him to be like some of his other friends and tell him he was being clingy and childish, but Louis loves him to death. And that made him special. They went to the same school and sticked together. It was natural for Liam to start falling for the elder boy. Now, when he looked back at the past, he always blushed when Louis touched him, he always giggled at Louis' jokes, and always felt safe and happy when Louis was by his side. But he couldn't reveal it, as Louis spent nights with the hottest girls, even though he came out to Liam two years ago.

     With Zayn it was a whole other story. It wasn't supposed to go that way. First, Liam was happy to know he'd have a step-brother. But he didn't expect him to be so flirty. If anything, it should have taken him away but in reality it only made Liam more intrigued. And to add to this, he also found Zayn was very warm and loving, besides with his authority and confidence. They somehow became close and Zayn wouldn't leave him alone. He started feeling the same excitement around Zayn as he felt around Louis. And it was confusing to say the least. To make it even worse, Zayn was his step-brother, after all. So, even if he chose Zayn, he'd still be rejected, because they were in the same family.

     In case of Zayn, it turned from a joke to truth. In the beginning he was only teasing Liam by tickling him, hugging, and touching. But soon he was addicted. He would stare at every movement the boy made and curse for being related to such a sweet creature. If his father didn't marry Karen, he wouldn't hesitate to ask Liam out. But that was no longer an option and no matter how much he wanted it, he knew he had to control himself. But soon, he lost it.

     Liam was in the kitchen, making a sandwich, while Zayn was leaning on the table, looking at him. Karen and Yaser went out and left the two boys alone. Liam was subconsciously moving his hips and humming, which made Zayn's job of controlling himself harder and harder. The boy had no idea his step-brother was right behind him, as he kept cutting the ingredients. But soon he could feel warm hands on his waist that immediately stopped his actions. He gulped and tensed. No matter how often Zayn acted flirty, he would never get used to it. Zayn smirked and turned him around slowly. Liam was looking at his feet, his hands on Zayn's chest, but something kept him from pushing him away. Zayn leaned down and kissed the slender skin of Liam's shoulder. Then, he lifted the younger boy's head and after staring into his brown eyes, he suddenly pressed their lips together, startling Liam. As wrong as the situation was, Liam was too drunken with Zayn's intoxicating smell to pull away. He breathed shakily as Zayn's strong arms kept him in place. Seeing that there were no protests, Zayn pushed him to the kitchen counter and lifted Liam's light body on top of it. Liam's hands traveled up to Zayn's hair and he closed his eyes, letting himself seize every second of it.

The door closed harshly and the two siblings pulled away so quickly that Zayn had to catch Liam, who almost fell down from the counter. Liam nervously freed himself from Zayn's arms and ran to the living room.

- Lou? - he whispered, seeing his best friend glaring at him.

To Be Continued...