23 ; potions and presents ✔︎

ابدأ من البداية

"Ready?" said Y/N happily, which was answered with a grumpy 'hmph'.

Daphne and Y/N dashed to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom and found Hermione just at the entrance. The three girls entered and immediately started working on the Polyjuice Potion, carefully adding more lacewings to the potion.

"Theodore and Blaise should be here any minute with Crabbe, Goyle, and Bulstrode's uniforms – they should just be dropping them off –"

"Oh, girls!" came Theodore's charming voice from the bathroom door. He and Blaise came into view with three sets of robes. "Three sets of robes for three rule-breaking Gryffindors – and off we go open some presents! C'mon Daph!"

Daphne sighed and waved good-bye to Hermione and Y/N, who were going to wait until the potion was ready to go open their presents. Y/N however, had brought her gift for Hermione to give to her in private.

"Here," said Y/N, enlarging the present and giving it to Hermione. She opened it and gasped. "I saw you eyeing mine last year so I bought you a similar one. The only difference is the leather color."

Y/N had bought Hermione her exact watch, but like she said, in a different color. While Y/N had a hickory-colored leather strap, she had bought Hermione a watch with a more reddish, cinnamon-colored leather strap.

"It's perfect!" said Hermione, and she enveloped Y/N into a hug. "I'm sorry – I already had your present sent to your common room –"

"Oh, that's fine," said Y/N, checking on the potion. "Potion's ready anyway. We'll come back here after dinner?"

"Yes, yes, of course," said Hermione, fretting and finishing up the potion. "Join me in the Potion's classroom at two p.m., please, I need your help with something."

"With what?"

"Something."

Y/N joined Theodore, Blaise, and Daphne in the Slytherin common room, next to the Christmas tree where their presents sat, itching to be opened. They had waited for her, and when she had entered the common room they had already sorted the presents.

They opened their presents all at once, and Y/N was more than satisfied with her gifts. Her parents had sent loads of more yarn and her grandparents sent matching knitting needles to go with it (Grandmother Gertrude sent obnoxiously large knitting needles, which wasn't all-that-strange for her); Hagrid had sent her a large tin of treacle toffee, which Y/N decided to soften by the fire before dropping a clump in her hot cocoa; Hermione had bought her a real emerald necklace, which she put on right away, Ron had given her a book called How to Lose: Chaser Edition, a book giving Chasers some tips on how to lose a Quidditch game, and Harry had sent her a stuffed snake, which she found amusing.

Daphne had given her a pair of diamond earrings, which she claimed to be her grandmother's (Y/N had tried to refuse but Daphne was simply too stubborn) and Theodore and Blaise had tag-teamed to buy her at least thirty new books. Y/N opened the last present to find a six-month supply of sugar quills from Fred and George and six out-grown Weasley sweaters and a proto-type candy of their new business idea, which they decided to call Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. She'd agreed to be part of their sponsor, but that meant a lifetime of free products and the first to use their proto-types. She'd hoped she wasn't doing this for nothing, but then again, she was talking about the Weasley Twins.

Y/N found Hermione already in the Potion's classroom at two in the afternoon, setting up a cauldron and gathering ingredients. Y/N analyzed the scene.