12 ; midnight on saturday ✔︎

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 1 : SCENE 1 : CHAPTER 12

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Professor Quirrell, however, must have been braver than they'd thought. In the weeks that followed he did seem to be getting paler and thinner, but it didn't look as though he'd cracked yet.

Every time they passed the third-floor corridor, Harry, Ron, Y/N, and Hermione would press their ears to the door to check that Fluffy was still growling inside. Snape was sweeping about in his usual bad temper, which surely meant that the Stone was still safe. While Harry and Ron were encouraging and supporting Professor Quirrell, Hermione and Y/N had more on their minds than the Philosopher's Stone. They had started drawing up study schedules (which was very difficult for Y/N, seeing as she still had one more match against Ravenclaw in April) and color-coding all their notes. Harry, Ron, Theodore, Blaise, and Daphne wouldn't have minded, but the Granger girls kept nagging them to do the same.

"Y/N, the exams are ages away," Theodore groaned as she flicked through his single notebook (which was too small, compared to her nine – one for every subject), highlighting all his Transfiguration notes. She was sat on his bed next to him and Blaise, Daphne, Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle were all perched on theirs, all studying in fear of Y/N (Crabbe and Goyle especially).

"Ten weeks," Y/N snapped. "That's not ages. You're lucky I don't make you rewrite all this. . . junk. Seriously, Theodore – why is your handwriting so bad?"

Blaise and Daphne snickered as he glared.

"What are you studying for, anyway?" he said, crossing his arms. "You already know it all."

"What am I studying for? Are you insane? You realize we need to pass these exams to get into the second year?" said Y/N, glaring back at him. "Sure, I know it all, but that doesn't mean I can't study it. And yet, instead of studying it myself, I'm helping you."

"I don't need help," said Theodore stubbornly.

Y/N scoffed. "Yes, you do. I've seen your grades," she said. "You know, if you didn't flirt with girls two years above you and actually took the time to review then you would have grades you were actually proud of – what are you doing?"

Theodore was now hugging her head and running his fingers through her hair. Y/N's eyes narrowed.

"You are stressed, my dear," he said dramatically, patting her head. "Where's my old Y/N? Where'd she go?"

"She's right here and she's about to beat your arse," Y/N growled, picking up a pillow and hitting him across the face with it.

Y/N sat with the Slytherin Quidditch team at breakfast, ready for their upcoming match against Ravenclaw. They needed to score a total of two-hundred thirty points to reclaim their first-place status. Meaning, Terence Higgs needed to catch the Snitch after the Chasers had scored eight goals.