Chapter 16: Happy Birthday

Start from the beginning

'You're old', was written across the wall in bold letters. "Alice is never going to trust you again." He said while shaking his head. "What? I thought it would suit her!" Genesis giggled. Just then, the rest of the Cullen's, apart from Alice and Edward, walked into the room. Emmett laughed loudly with Chandler. Rose snorted and Jasper put his hands over his face, knowing how Alice will react. Esme face palmed, "Really?" She asked.

"What?" Genesis smiled innocently. They all turned their heads towards to window as the heard Bella's truck pull in. Alice skipped into the room smiling, "it's time!" She squealed. They heard the door open downstairs and looked to Bella as she made her way into the room. "Happy Birthday!" Genesis exclaimed as she threw confetti at her.

Bella rolled her eyes at her sisters enthusiasm and looked around the room at the decorations. She stopped once she read the sign and looked over at Alice with her eyebrows furrowed. "Alice? What the hell?" She asked while pointing at the sign. Alice gave her a confused expression before finally reading the sign. She gave Genesis a deadly stare.

Genesis feigned innocence and then acted shocked, "Alice!" Alice pursed her lips, giving a Genesis a stare that meant 'You will regret this'. Carlisle made his way over to Genesis and hugged her from behind, trying to blindside Alice's rage. Alice huffed and the party went on with the Cullen's giving Bella gifts.

Genesis gave a thank you nod to Rosalie as she handed Bella a gift. Rosalie nodded back stiffly, not exactly liking that she had to be apart of this. Everything was going great. Carlisle pulled out an envelope and handed it to Bella. "It's a little gift for both of you." He said as Bella took it. Bella tried opening it, getting a paper cut in the process.

Genesis's eyes widened. It all happened so fast. One minute, she was staring at her sister and holding Carlisle's hands around her waist, the next, Bella was against the wall, and Carlisle was next to Bella. Genesis looked over to Jasper, who was being pulled out of the room by Emmett and Chandler. Genesis looked to Bella and then to Rosalie.

"Rose," Genesis whispered. Rosalie nodded and took the girls hand, following the boys out. "I'll be back!" Genesis called to Bella and Carlisle. Carlisle almost ran after her. He didn't want her to go and get hurt like Bella did. He then realized something. He can't always protect Genesis. She's always going to try and help others, and in his world, she'd die instantly.

He shook his head and looked up to see Edward looking at him. He had read his thoughts, and he couldn't help but agree. Carlisle brought Bella to his study while Edward followed the others outside. Genesis saw Jasper sitting on a fallen log with his head in his hands. He was obviously feeling guilty for what he had done.

The other Cullen's didn't dare to touch him, even Alice was giving him his space. Genesis walked up to them, and nodded her head back to the house. The others understood the silent request for them to leave and left hesitantly. Alice and Emmett stood on standby by a tree  just in case. Genesis walked up to Jasper and kneeled down in front of him.

Jasper didn't move, too ashamed to face the older sister of the girl he just attacked. Genesis grabbed his hands and pulled them away from his face. "Are you okay, Jazz?" Genesis asked lowly, trying to ease him into a conversation. Jasper rose an eyebrow at the nickname. Only Alice ever called him that, and sometimes Rose. It was different coming from Genesis, almost motherly.

You'd think the hundreds of year old teenagers wouldn't need a motherly touch, but here he was, relishing in the new kind of attention. Sure, Esme always seemed like a mother figure, but at the end of the day she was more like a fun aunt than anything. It's kind of strange. Genesis started off as a friend, then a kind of sister, now she's becoming more like a mom and she was physically the same age as most of them.

Jasper would have cried if he could. Her caring nature reminded him of how his mother was. Loving, selfless, and all around a wonderful person. He shook his head, unable to speak to her out of guilt. "You didn't mean to. We all know you didn't. You're trying your best and it's only natural for you to slip up from time to time." She assured him.

He still felt bad, but knowing that Genesis and the others didn't see him any differently made him feel more at ease. Genesis looked over to Alice and motioned her over. Alice smiles and came towards them as Genesis stood up to leave. Genesis ruffled Jasper's hair and he gave her a look. "Toughen up, buckaroo. You're too strong for this." She said as she walked over to Emmett.

Emmett smiles down at her as they walked to the house, "You remind me of a mom." He mused. Genesis rolled her eyes, "Go clean your room. I know it's a mess." She said. Emmett pouted and sped to his room. Before Genesis could walk in the house, Bella came out. "We have to go." She said. Edward followed behind and gave Genesis a guilty look. Genesis sighed.

This is bad.