Chapter 16: Happy Birthday

Third POV
Genesis woke up by her alarm once again, but today, she didn't want to destroy it. Today was very special to her, because today was the anniversary of a very special person's birth. It was Bella's birthday.

She knew that Bella wouldn't be as thrilled as her, Charlie, or Edward. Bella had complained to Genesis that she wanted to join Edward in immortality and love him forever. She also wanted Genesis to join her. Genesis hadn't even had the thought of joining the Cullen's for eternity. She was still young, and she wanted the Cullen's to be able to choose if they wanted her or not.

She didn't see them the way Bella saw them. Bella sees them as an anchor that she is trying to manually attach herself to, while Genesis sees them as family that have taken her in. That's not necessarily Bella's fault, but she is somewhat to blame. Bella is very pushy and stubborn. She is trying to force herself in when she should be letting fate take it's course.

Genesis shook her head of her thoughts. Hopefully, she wouldn't have to worry about Bella's desire for a few more years. Genesis opened their shared door and jumped on top of Bella. Bella huffed at the impact and quickly sat up to see what had happened. Genesis gave her a cheeky smile and Bella rolled her eyes. "Couldn't you have just shook me or something?" Bella asked amused.

"I could have. But where's the fun in that?" Genesis giggled. "Let me guess, you ignored me when I asked for no presents?" Bella asked. "To be fair, I can't exactly not give you a present. I give you one every day." Genesis said. Bella rose an eyebrow in confusion. Genesis smirked, "My presence is a gift in itself." She said.

"Dude." Bella laughed as she kicked Genesis off the bed and onto the floor. "My ass!" Genesis yelled, rubbing her backside in pain. Bella laughed, "That's a better present." Genesis sent a playful glare at her. Then, Charlie walked into the room holding gifts. He looked at Genesis for a second and then over at Bella. "Yeah, I'm not even gonna ask."

"I thought we said no presents." Bella complained. "Yeah, well your mother and I coordinated this one. Well, more like she coordinated me." He said as he handed Bella a camera and scrap book. "It's so you can photograph your senior year, have some memories." he sighed. "When did you get so old?" He asked.

Age made Bella insecure at this point, with Edward physically being seventeen and her now being eighteen. So that was a touchy subject at the moment. "Eighteen's not that old!" Bella defended, trying to convince herself more than anyone else in the room. "Yeah, well," Charlie leaned closer to her and grabbed a hair on her head. "Is that a grey hair?" He asked.

Bella's eyes widened and she tripped over herself getting to her mirror, "No. No way!" She exclaimed as she looked in the mirror. Not finding any, she looked back at him with a glare. He held up his hands and Genesis laughed. "Happy Birthday!"

Skip!

Genesis was now in the Cullen's home, trying to set up everything for Bella's birthday party. They knew she didn't want a party, but no one could stop Alice once she had her ideas. Genesis was making a banner, because that's all Alice wanted her to do. Or, at least, it was something she hadn't already done.

Genesis got done with the banner and got a ladder to hang it up. She was just about to get down from hanging the last pin, when she wobbled a bit on the ladder and the ladder started to fall over. Genesis squeaked as she fell back, but she was caught in strong arms in a quick second. She looked up to see Carlisle with a concerned expression.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Genesis smiled and nodded her head. "Guess I'm falling for you." She jokes and winked at him. He rolled his eyes and chuckled at her. "You like the banner?" She asked as he set her down. Carlisle looked up and put a hand over his mouth to keep from laughing.