Chapter 10

Nikolas still held onto me as I tried not to break from the pressure. I didn’t want to end up crying with everyone else in the room, it was just too embarrassing for me. “And its not just Lukas that they’re after….” Nikolas began, I tilted my head to the side on his chest when my eyes locked with his for a split second before his eyes darted to uncle Logan’s.  

Uncle Logan’s body started to shake, as he held onto his mate.  A hard lump formed in my throat, making it impossible to swallow any of this. “Tell us everything you know Nikolas!” Callias demanded gruffly as he held onto Darren.

Nikolas stiffened a little when all eyes fell on to him. “They still want an heir, and….” he took a short pause before glaring heatedly at Uncle Serge who frowned before looking over to uncle Logan. “You can still conceive.” He managed. My eyes knitted together, no….that doesn’t make any sense! Guys can’t just….I shook my head trying to wrap my thoughts around it. This had to be some kind of joke...a sick joke.

“That’s impossible!” Uncle Logan cried out, stomping up to Nikolas, I didn’t fight off the flinch when he started wiping his eyes, “I-I can’t. Not after what happened!” He blubbered out. Nikolas gulped, and it looked like he was having a hard time trying to say before he looked up at uncle Serge with a hard glare again.

“Ask him.” He mumbled. Uncle Logan arched an eyebrow and spun around and looked at his mate in disbelief. “Care to explain this to me Serge!?” He screeched angrily. Uncle Serge flinched and rubbed the nape of his neck awkwardly. “How can you keep something like this from me! You know how badly I wanted a family!” He snapped wildly. I’ve never seen my uncle so mad before, but I would be too if my mate lied to me over something so important.

This was the first time i’ve ever seen them fight, they were always so loving towards each other. Uncle Serge stiffened but still didn’t say anything.  “You weren’t supposed to find out this way love…” He began, but my eyes widened in shock when uncle Logan stepped up to him with long strides in his step and slapped him across the face with a sickening crack.

“How could you lie to me like that!? How could you tell Mark to lie to me like that straight at my face!?” I flinched when his voice started to crack at the end and when he grabbed fistfulls of his shirt in his hands. “I did it to protect you! Everything I do is to protect you Logan!” He said desperately, trying to convince his mate. I flinched in Nikolas’ arms, and when he noticed his grip on me tightened.

“I can’t believe you anymore! What else are you going to lie about Serge? Didn’t you...want a family with me!?” My eyes started to water when uncle Serge’s eyes began to blink hard and fast like he was trying to fight tears of his own. He let out a deep sigh and tried to pull his mate back into his arms only for uncle Logan to fight against him.

“I wish I never met you Serge.” He suddenly whispered as his voice cracked and his eyes reddened. “Logan don’t say things that you don’t mean, not now...we need everyone to be together this time.” My dad, Callias spoke out as he held onto his mate.

Uncle Serge winced when his mate stepped away from him and crossed his arms over himself, trying to keep himself from falling apart. I felt bad for my uncle...and I couldn’t blame him but I couldn’t blame my uncle Serge either.

He had to have some kind of reason to hide something like this behind his mate’s back. My heart went out to uncle Logan, it hurt me seeing him like this he was always the strong one. He always kept his facade together, but he hated it when people lied to him. Especially his mate. From the corner of my eye, uncle Serge looked completely dejected.

“You’re the one to talk!” Darren spoke out pushing himself out of his mate’s arms. “You’re the one trying to isolate Lukas away from us...he needs to be here with his family too!” He blubbered out, trying not to sob again, but it didn’t look like he was doing a very good job at it. “They’re going after Logan too! And he’s staying here, I don’t see why my son should go!” He barked out, suddenly getting angry. I winced.