Chapter 19

I could hear my heartbeat beating louder and louder. Beads of sweat rolled freely down my neck as my breathing grew thick into puffs of clouds. Oh no, no, no! “The hell is going on around here!?” Nikolas growled out again as he stood against the doorway, his body was seething as he trembled violently.

I can tell that he was about to shift. He was so pissed off and all because I was being stupid. It was always going back to me and I hated myself even more for it. And the worst part about it was that I couldn’t take it back. “Don’t make me repeat myself Lukas.” He growled out through clenched teeth, I heard quick footsteps coming up the stairs and I felt two sizes smaller than I already did when Callias showed up next to him. I was dead.

“That’s what I’d like to know Lukas…” Callias suggested as his lips quirked into a frown. I was already feeling the anxiety rushing up to me. I never felt so cornered before….”you know the rules Lukas, no guests are allowed up in the quarters.” Callias muttered as he glared at me. “I’m really sorry, I didn’t know that I wasn’t supposed to be up here….Lukas was just showing me around it’s a really lovely home and all.” Callias cut him off with a sharp glare.

“You be quiet!” I flinched as I choked on a gasp. It almost felt like I were the one being yelled at.  I already felt way more ashamed of myself than I did. “After today, I want you to leave the pack and never to return again.” He bit out. “You and I know perfectly well what went on around here behind closed door and I refuse to stand by and pretend that nothing happened.”

“If my own son can’t do his job as an alpha than I as his subordinate will.” He snapped. He really snapped! He’s gone mad….“You can’t do that!” I squeaked.  Suddenly everyone in the room shifted and turned towards me. “I believe that you are in no position to say anything Lukas.” My mind wrestled with something to say, but I couldn’t come up with anything that didn’t sound stupid. “But you aren’t the beta?” This can’t be happening, my dad can’t be the alpha’s subordinate. Where did this come from? He stepped down from his position a long time ago. Nikolas should be the one to carry that duty. Callias barked out a hoarse chuckle… I looked over at Nikolas in disbelief, hoping and praying to the goddess that he’d look at me and explain what Callias was talking about.  But he didn’t, he didn’t even look at me once.

He kept his eyes locked on the ground as he suddenly thought that it was the most interesting thing in the world. “Its insubordination.” Callias continued. “As a former pack alpha, I am compelled to take action if my son fails to be in compliance with his ruling.” He took a deep breath. “He’s failed to not only see that a rouge has invaded our pack territory. And he has failed to protect his pack members. I’m stepping in, because I want to protect my son; even if it means from himself.” He said as he looked down on me, guilt began to swim deep in my stomach as I looked away from him. “You and I will talk later Lukas, right now I have to deal with this mutt.” He spat out as he sauntered over to Nyx and grabbed him by the back of his neck and shoved him out of the door. “You will be executed at dawn, without rights. I’m doing what this pack should have done since the moment you walked through our door. I’m ashamed that my own son couldn’t even see the danger that he put his pack in.” He murmured.

I winced when I heard Callias break a bone in his arm. “Your son was asking for it!” He snapped as they left the room but not before Callias popped his head in my room again. “I believe you two have something to clear up. And I suggest that you do it soon before I have to do it myself.” He murmured before slamming the door shut behind him; making me wince. Nikolas leaned back against the door with his arms crossed and with one ankle hooked over the other.  He stared at me for awhile before clearing his throat…“Look Lukas, I get that you’re in heat and all but you didn’t really have to go on and be a little slut about it.” My heart panged, I wouldn’t blame him if he hated me for what I did. “I didn’t mean it…” I said shakily, and flinched even further when he barked out a laugh. “You didn’t mean it? You honestly think that I’m supposed to buy that bull crap from you Lukas?” He tsked, “I understand that your heat gives you urges and everything but didn’t you think that you can come to me for that? Huh?” I choked up on a sob as I stared up at him all bug eyed.