Chapter 20

I saw everything in a new light. I could hear, smell, and see everything twice as better as I did when I was a human. I could see the dust particles in the air if I looked hard enough. I could hear the highway from our town two miles away from here. I could even smell the lilacs, the daisies and roses all blended together in a way that I never smelt them before.  I never felt more alive than I did now. When I felt my paws touch the ground I just took off into a sprint and ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

If I could smile right now I would, but I bet it would look pretty darn weird with my tongue sticking out in front of me all stupidly. Once I reached for the meadow, my body was already wide alert for any sign of danger. I scooped down to the ground and started sniffing at the herbs, and when I heard a twig snap in half I looked up and around but I didn't see anybody there. Not even when I looked behind me.

I shrugged it off and started sniffing more for new scents. The further I walked down the meadow the more I could hear someone behind me. In fact, I just knew that there was someone there. I could feel it.

Every one of my five senses told me that he was there. But I decided to play along with his little game. He was trying to test me. Tease me more like it knowing him. I moved further down the meadow until I reached the river at the other side of the meadow and just stayed still. He was quiet for a while and all I could hear was the wind rustling against the bushes for awhile before I finally heard it. My ear twitched when I heard his playful growl and before I could move aside and doge him; he caught me.

His wolf jumped over me and nipped at my leg.  He was much faster than me. "Not bad for a new pup." He huffed out. I rolled my eyes at him and barked. I couldn't help but want to run around the area more but then all of a sudden I heard a cracking noise that sounded like bones being broken and placed back together again. It took me awhile to register that it was Nikolas. A furious blush threatened to rise and stain my cheeks when I realized that he was in the nude. He smirked cockily and placed his hands on his hips. "Like what you see?" He winked, I turned away from him even though my wolf began to purr in satisfaction.

"Lukas...." Nikolas whispered as he leaned down to my eye level. "Try to shift for the first time." Shift? I don't know how to do that....I whimpered and tugged my tail in between my legs. "Its okay...try to picture yourself as a human in your head." He encouraged. I did as he said, I closed my eyes and tried to picture it. Before I knew it, I felt a sharp pain of my muscles being shifted and I could barely feel my paws, or hands, on the ground anymore. It happened so quickly that I almost didn't even feel it.

Even if it was a little bit more painful shifting back to a human than to a wolf. I glanced down at my hands, "woahhhh...." I murmured. "Looking good." My cheeks suddenly flared up again when Nikolas spoke. He really should learn to keep his thoughts to himself. "Shut up!" I told him, as I wrapped my arms around myself. I always felt self-conscious when i'm naked. Even when i'm alone and no one's watching. "Don't hide yourself from me Lukas...you're beautiful." He whispered, as he stood up to me and gently took my hands in his. I fought a furious blush again, but this time it was mixed with my erratically beating heart.

"Can you feel it?" He whispered hotly against my cheek as he brushed his nose up and down my collar bone. "Feel what?" I stuttered, making him chuckle back. "Oh my sweet innocent Lukas..." He mumbled hoarsely against my earlobe. I knew what he was talking about....and I shivered but not from the cold. "You have no idea how hard it is for me to not take you right now." He whispered again. "Then don't." I said bluntly, as I instantly wrapped my hands loosely around the crook of his neck.

He chuckled again before surprisingly scooping my legs up so that I can hook them on either side of his waist as he took us to the water. I flinched at the cold but I didn't mind it as I used that as an excuse to cuddle up next to him so that my head laid on his shoulder. "I promise you that this would be the first and the last time I hurt you...." I looked at him confused. He chuckled..."so cute, the mating hurts for the first time." He said. "I don't mind as long as its with you." I said...trying to hide how scared I really was about it. But he read me like an open book. "You already caught my bluff didn't you..." I murmured. He laughed.