"9"

Kalani's POV

As I walked to the bathroom, my heart was beating more than its normal rate. And I guess my heart was justified because come on, it's not every day that you are minutes away from finding out that you are pregnant or not.

As my hand reached the doorknob of the door, my heart semi-stopped, literally. I stopped breathing.

Calm down Kalani, Calm down. Let's do this. Whatever happens, you are strong and amazing and if you are pregnant, well you will raise that baby with or without that crazy Mr. Montero.

After calming myself down, I opened that door and entered that bathroom like I didn't care about the outcome.

But I know you do. My conscience reminded me.

10 minutes later...

I am pregnant!!

I can't believe this, I am pregnant. This can't be happening. This can't really. I am pregnant and all the ten pregnancy tests say the same thing, positive.

I am pregnant. Oh my goodness. What am I going to tell my dad, my mom? What about the promises I made?

I can't. I can't be pregnant. What about my dreams, my goals, about my career as a whole?

This can't be, this really can't be. This wasn't part of the plan. How will I do this, will Mr. Montero take responsibility for the child, will he believe me when I tell him, will he even remember me?

Questions after questions kept filling my head until I couldn't take it anymore. My head started feeling heavy and everything started to start spinning. I tried holding the sink and the last thing I saw was Eva trying to hold my hand preventing me from falling.

****

Beep beep beep

That annoying sound.

Arghh.....

I need to wake up to stop that annoying sound. Except I couldn't. I tried opening my eyes but I just couldn't. I could hear faint voices that sounded far away but close. And every time I tried opening my eyes, it was like they were sealed.

"Is she ok though doctor? I mean, will she and the babies be fine?" Eva asked. I could hear it in her voice that she was so worried.

"I am here Eva. I am ok." I replied, to which she didn't hear me.

I tried to scream but still, she couldn't hear me, why though?

"Yes, Miss Evelyn. Her stress levels have decreased but she is still in a semi-coma state. She needs to wake up soon if she wants her babies to survive."

"What?" Eva gasped. I could hear a few shuffles.

"Are you ok Miss Evelyn?" the doctor asked. But what worried me the most was the fact that there was something wrong with her and I couldn't see what was going on.

I could feel my heart rate increasing and I could hear the doctor moving close to me.

"Her subconscious mind is awake but her body is still not responding. She can hear you but can't open her eyes." the doctor said.

"Is she ok?" Eva asked again.

"Yes. But I need you to talk to her and tell her that you are ok. She needs to calm down. For the safety of her babies."

Babies. What does he mean babies??

"Ok. I would try." I could hear her moving closer to me but my heartbeat kept increasing.