63

Kalani's POV

I can't believe it.

He wants to marry me. Montero wants to marry me. But why?? Is it because he feels guilty because of what happened and he feels a sense of responsibility towards me?

As my mind kinda running with these crazy thoughts, Eva came in. Her hair, a new shade of baby blue, her pale skin was about tan and she looked sick.

For the first time, it wasn't me anymore. Everyone else that was around got affected when I went missing. Eva even got shot. Suddenly I looked away, with tears filling my eyes, feeling embarrassed to look her.

"Don't you dare give me that!" She spoke, coming closer. "I didn't come her for your sobs ok?"

I slowly turned back to her, tears still running down my cheeks.

"Sorry." I whispered, still looking down, playing with my hand.

"You don't to do that ok? Don't apologize." She held my hand and took my face into her other hand, making me look at her.

"You have been through a lot. And what I went through pales in comparison to what you had to go through." She continued.

"I know but-"

"There is no but." She interrupted. "You don't get to feel sorry for me. I got shot yes, but if I had to do it again to try and save you, I would do that in a heartbeat."

I slightly hit her shoulder.

"Don't say that. You almost died." I reprimanded her.

"And so did you. Although my chances of survival were higher than yours. No offense, but you were closer to death than me." I smiled. "You were literally knocking at the door." She continued.

"Ok I get you." I looked at her.

"There is that smile." She started playing with my cheeks.

"Ok stop it." I laughed, trying to make her stop.

"I can't sorry. I missed this so much." She slowly started caressing my cheeks.

"I missed you." She whispered. She suddenly pulled me close and she hugged me like she almost lost me.

What am I saying, she actually lost me on numerous occasions, but thank God, I came back.

"I missed you too." Her scent still smelt like a hint of cigars and cherries. I smiled. I didn't realise I missed her until I close to her. I missed her laugh, her weird hair choice colors and I missed her party nights, her telling me I don't have a life. I hugged even tighter sniffing and taking more of her scent.

She suddenly pulled away and said, "Ok enough on that, you have to tell me what Montero came her for."

When I heard Montero's name, I blushed and started playing with hands. Eva was oblivious to this because she was busy walking around talking about something I wasn't even listening too.

I was thinking of Montero and of how different he seemed compared to the mafia guy that everyone was portraying him to be. Who am I kidding, I saw how ruthless he could be and within that, I saw how different he could be around me. Maybe it had something to do with the babies because that man was some type of beast that somehow had a heart. A heart I hoped I wasn't falling for.

"Hello, earth to Kalani." She waved her hand on my face. I suddenly snapped out of my daze session.

"Where the hell did you go? You realise we discussing Montero and the kids he wanted to take away from you." She continued in a serious voice.

"No, he doesn't anymore." I replied.

"Really, he told you that?" She questioned, not believing a word I was saying.

"Montero wants to marry me." I blurted out.

She stopped walking around and and suddenly she snapped her head and looked at me. It was creepy to say the least. It's like, she tried to process what I said and then suddenly was ready to answer.

"What did you just say?" She asked.

"Montero wants to marry me." I repeated.

She hurriedly rushed to me and took my hands into hers.

"I mean I heard that, I just, what?" Her face held alot of expressions. Confusion, shock, betrayal, but a hint of excitement too.

"Yea, it's random right?! I mean, he doesn't even know me. He just wants to marry me just because I'm pregnant his kids and-"

"Wait, is that what he said?" She interrupted.

"No, but-"

"Ok I want you to relay what he said to you." She interrupted me again, this time, a little too excited for my liking.

I then kinda relayed what he said, trying to remove all the parts were he made me blush. There was no way in earth I was going to blush twice in a day for the same thing. When I was done, Eva just sat on the chair next to my bed, shock written all over her face.

"Then how did you respond?" She asked.

"I said no!" She laughed and she buried her head on her on my bed. When she was done, she looked up.

"Then?" She questioned.

"Then I told him to come up with better proposal plan because that sucked." I replied.

"Wait, so you actually gonna say yes?" Her eyes popping out.

"I don't know." I answered truthfully. "I want my kids to have a stable relationship with their father as they have it with me. And the best way to have that is when we live together. And I'm not going to just live in his house just because I have his kids. I have my dignity and self respect. And imagine if he bought ladies back with him home. That's not what I would teacher my kids. And then there is his other job. The one that makes my dad wanna arrest him. That alone scares me to death. Because he has to run from the law and guys who wanna kill him, maybe guys that would wanna kill us too. I mean, how do I respond to that? Do my kids have to learn how to defend themselves, know how to kill, will they have a normal childhood or will they have to take over the so called family business?"

I looked thinking of all of this all over again. Then I looked at her again.

"I really wanna have normal life, but it's just hard you know? I feel like I should make a decision on what I want but I really don't know what I want. I wanna be normal you know, but it's proving to be hard." I whispered the last part looking away from her.

"Hey, I get you." She held my hand, caressing it. "You wanna do good by your kids you just not sure how to go about it."

"Yea, and my dad, his just making everything so much worse. Every single time he meets Montero he wants to end his life and I'm trying to deal that too, and mom, well she's a whole different story. She would murder me if she knew I was pregnant. Let alone with triplets and it sucks," tears starting to well up my eyes.

"To not know what to do, what to say and I just, I just want it to stop." I whispered, tears falling down.

"Hey, hey, hey, you gonna be ok, just breathe. I don't need you to land in a coma again ok? Just breathe." She continued caressing me.

I did as she asked me and I calmed down. Maybe this time things could be better, I just had to try.

***********************************************
My beautiful/handsome humans.

I'm back. And I'm an official Auditing graduate. I went missing because I was sorting university.

But I'm all done with that. Sorry for the long wait. Totally unnecessary. But I hope this was good. I love y'all 3000.

Again, this author loves y'all 💕💕💞💞