17

There was no time to point fingers at whose fault was it. Peter had screwed up bad. He had given EDITH to Mysterio, who had turned out to be lying. Jessica wanted to tell him 'I told you so' really bad, but she contained herself. The situation was terrible enough to start arguing.

Both teens hurried to get back to the hotel. They went straight up to Jessica's and MJ's room, where the heroine had left her armor. Peter carried his suit in his bag and tried to walk as fast as possible without it falling off his shoulder.

"MJ, we need your help." As soon as they got in, the girl left what she was doing to listen to the pair.

"What happened?"

Peter didn't try to hide his error. "I really messed up."

"Do you remember that thing you found in the street?" Jessica said as she changed into her suit. She wasn't ashamed to take off her clothes in front of her boyfriend and her best friend. Besides, everyone was far more concerned about the problem they had in their hands. "It basically gave away that Mysterio is a fake."

"And now our lives are in danger." Peter added, not helping much.

"What?"

"I can't believe you gave the glasses to Mysterio. He could be spying on us right now. He could send a strike on us if he wanted." Jessica glared at Peter once she was fully dressed in her black battle attire.

"We have to call Fury and tell him he's a fraud but I think he'd probably tap our phones." The boy reminded her, attempting to amend his mistake by helping with everything he could.

"And what are you gonna do now?" MJ asked.

"I get my suit and we go to Berlin." Peter answered her. "We need to talk to Mr. Fury in person."

Jessica had looked down for a moment to set up her bracelets and put them on, but when she looked up, she was surprised to find Peter half-naked and MJ looking away with a blushed face.

That was already awkward enough but it got even worse when they heard Ned clearing his throat from the door.

"Oh, Ned! Perfect!"

Ned didn't move an inch away from the door. "I don't know what you're doing, but don't count me in." He stepped backward. "I-I mean, if you're all into threesomes that's completely fine but-"

"Dude! I'm changing into my suit!"

Ned didn't understand why his friend would be putting on his superhero suit in front of MJ, who was supposed to be oblivious of his identity. "You mean the costume? For the costume party... at the castle?"

"She knows." Jessica cut him off before he could prolong his lie. "We told her."

"They didn't tell me, I figured it out." MJ proudly corrected them once again.

"Oh, that's cool." Ned nodded.

"Like, a long time ago."

Jessica stepped in to bring their main concern back at the center of the conversation again. "Look, Mysterio is a fraud."

"But he saved me and Betty's lives..."

"No, he's been faking the whole thing with illusion tech." She explained further. 

"He's using, like, these hologram projectors." Peter took the projector, which they thought had to be part of a drone, and showed it to his friend.

"Wow, that's crazy..."

Then Peter pointed at him. "Ned, I need you to call May and get her to call Mr. Harrington and say that she wants me to stay with family in Berlin until we sort this out."