8

After the truth had gone out, everyone started asking the pair about their relationship. Jessica took Betty and MJ to their shared room so they could calmly talk. Betty wouldn't stop asking questions.

"And how long have you guys been together?" 

"Well, technically, almost six years, because he blipped away and I didn't." Jessica replied, now computing the math in her head. "But if we don't take that into account it should be like, somewhat over a year... "

Betty clapped her hands and placed them close to her chin as she processed what Jessica had told her. "Oh, that's right! He blipped and you didn't and then you helped bring him back. That's so romantic!"

MJ looked at the excited blonde girl, not really sharing the same reaction. Unlike their friend, MJ didn't live for romantic stories. It wasn't really her thing. Nevertheless, she was still interested in how they ended up together. "And how did it all start?"

"Well... the Stark Internship really brought us together." Once she mentioned the Stark Internship, MJ rolled her eyes. Jessica knew they had used that as an excuse way too many times. But that one was (kinda) true. MJ had been acting a bit strange since everyone had found out about Jessica and Peter. Jessica was starting to think that maybe she was mad because she had been hiding that from her all this time.

The girls expected some kind of reaction from Betty's part, but instead, she was too focused on her phone. "Ned is not answering my texts..." She said, a presence of sadness in her voice. "I'm gonna check on him. I'll be right back." And with that, she left them alone.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, MJ." Jessica quickly rushed to say.

"It's okay." Her friend shrugged her shoulders. "I actually knew."

Jessica raised her eyebrow at her. "Oh, did ya?"

"My detective and observation skills are prodigious." Jessica thought she was bluffing, just joking about it. That was until she talked again. "That, and I saw you kissing at the homecoming dance."

Her mouth dropped open. "You what?"

"There's a lot of things that I know." Jessica didn't say anything to that. They really weren't good at keeping secrets. It was a miracle that Peter's identity was still hidden. When MJ saw that Jessica was going to start spiraling through her doubts, she decided to say something else. "I'm not mad, I mean it."

"You sure?" Jessica came back to her senses.

"Jessica, I'm one of the most secretive persons I know. I'm sure that if you wanted to keep it a secret, you had your reasons."

"You're the best."

MJ pretended to brush dust off her shoulder. Jessica wasn't taken by surprise. MJ was very mature and she didn't expect another reaction from her. Still, she was relieved it was, indeed, like that.

Suddenly, Jessica received a text from Peter. Both she and MJ stared at the message 

Can you come to my room ALONE?

"He wants me to go alone?" The look MJ gave her was very suggestive. "MJ..."

She put her hands up. "I'm not judging. He's your boyfriend. Go with him."

"Are you sure it's okay?" 

"Yeah, I'll see if Brad wants to hang out or whatever..."

Jessica grinned at that. It looked like something was sparking between those two and she was very glad it was happening. She got up and made her way out of her room to go to Peter's. When she got there, the door was closed.