13

After her conversation with Beck, Jessica hovered over the city searching for Peter. She wanted to speak with him and apologize for leaving so abruptly, besides asking him why he called the drone strike on them. She finally found the boy bumping into a couple and unsuccessfully trying to say sorry to them.

"Scuzi! No- that's Italian." He told himself, still not habituated to the new city. Jessica landed a few feet away from him and ran in his direction to prevent him from getting further away.

"Peter!"

"Whoa." He jumped when he saw her. "Where did you come from?"

"What do you have your tingle for?"

"Please..." She knew he was about to ask her to not call it that. Jessica held her hands up trying to keep him silent so she could finally apologize.

"I just- I'm sorry I stormed off like that before." She truly was. Peter looked stunned by that. "I talked to that Beck guy - who I still don't trust, by the way - but he's right on this one. We've got a lot on our plates right now, and the last thing we need is to fight. So let's just keep things good between the two of us because-"

She was beginning to talk faster and faster before Peter kissed her to shut her up. He took her by the waist to pull her closer to him and, consequently, deepened the kiss. He had felt so relieved to hear what she just said, he couldn't keep back. He had messed up with this one but he wanted to prove her that wasn't going to happen it again. 

When they pulled apart, Jessica was left speechless, only being capable to let out a giggle. "Wow." Peter rested his forehead against hers and smiled, enjoying the only moment they'd had to themselves on the whole trip. With no classmates, no elemental monsters, no Fury... He was going to kiss her again but this time she stopped him. "Why did you want to blow us off?" 

"I didn't want to!" He pulled away. Jessica didn't say anything, cueing Peter to explain himself. "It's that- So, you know that Fury has made us new suits, right?" Jessica nodded. "Well, when we stopped on our way here, for the bathroom break, they wanted me to try mine to see if it fit. And there was this tall blonde woman and she had made the suit and she told me to take my clothes off to try it on."

Jessica didn't seem to find a reason in his story. "And you tried to kill us because...?"

"While I was trying the suit, Brad walked in and caught me half-naked with the blonde woman." Jessica's mouth dropped open. "He took a picture and threatened me with telling you."

"Peter..." She let out in almost a whisper. Peter tried to read her face and was taken aback when she started laughing. Like, properly laughing her ass off. He even had to look around to check if people were looking at them. "That's so stupid! I knew about the suits. And you had Fury and Hill to back you up with that story." 

"I know! I'm sorry! I panicked."

"So, that's what Brad wanted to show to me." She wiped a few tears from all the laughter. Peter wasn't laughing at all. "Don't look at me like that, I find this really funny. Just try not to kill everybody the next time something like this happens."

He couldn't stop a smile from forming on his lips when the girl leaned in to kiss him again. She rested her hands at the back of his neck for support as she stood on her tiptoes. Peter tried to ignore the fact that she was still laughing when she broke the kiss. But the joy in her expression was starting to rub off on him.

"What can we do with the rest of the group while the attack takes place?" She asked, still holding on to him.

"Prague is famous for its operas." He answered, earning a strange look from his girlfriend. "I read it in an article on our way here."