You need to stop telling people that you're fine even when you're not, because sometimes the pain will take a toll on you.

Cry if you must.

Accept the pain, the hurt and the regret that comes along with it.

Because I know just how hard it is to keep smiling through the pain, especially when all you want is a shoulder to rest your head on, and an arm to hold.

***

Years passed and Camila didn't stay in contact with her father. He did try to see her, but everytime he would come by, Camila would try her best to avoid him. It's not to say that she didn't want to see him, she really did, but she was blinded by the hurt. Eventually, the phone calls, the random visits at her school, the post cards stopped.

That had stung a lot more than Camila expected. Even though she would ignore his calls, and she wouldn't open his letters, she still appreciated the gesture, and maybe one day, she would've been able to push the hurt away and be able to speak to him. But the fact that he stopped trying, sent a clear enough message to her.

"Mija," there was a knock on her bedroom door. Camila looked up from her laptop and saw her mother, she had a sad smile on her face as she entered her daughter's bedroom. "Hey, what are you doing?"

Camila shut her laptop and shrugged. "Nothing really. I just got done with my homework. What's wrong?"

Sinu sat on her daughter's bed and patted a space next to her. Camila was a bit sceptical as to why her mother was there in the first place. They had a good relationship, but something just seemed off with her mother.

"I know this isn't something you want to discuss..." Sinu sighed. She took one of her daughter's hands in hers. "It's your father."

Camila looked at her with confusion etched on her face. Sure, her mother had mentioned her father every now and then, but the way she was looking right now? It had to have been something serious. "What about him?"

"He's in the hospital. The doctors said, that it doesn't look good for him," Sinu paused trying to gauge Camila's reaction but her face was neutral. "He wants to see you."

"Did he say that himself or are you just trying to get me to visit him?" Camila pulled her hand away from her mother. Time and time again, Sinu would try to persuade her daughter into visiting her father. Though, things had ended badly between the former lovers, he was still Camila's father and Sinu wanted them to have some form of relationship.

She always knew how much Alejandro had meant to her.

"Camila..." Sinu sighed. "Your father is dying. Please, just please visit him. Even if its just once. You don't have to say anything to him. Just..."

"Just what, mami?!" Camila stood, and started pacing. "What? I'm just supposed to forgive him after everything and go visit him because what? Because he's dying!?" She asked angrily.

Sinu stood and took her daughter into her arms. She knew the topic of her father would've been a hard one. Even if she didn't say it, hearing of her father's condition did break Camila's heart.

Despite everything, she still loved him.

"What about when I needed him?" Camila tried to fight the tears. She gripped onto her mother's shirt tightly. "What about when I needed him, mami? He wasn't...he wasn't there."

"He loves you." Sinu told Camila, and when those words left her mouth, the tears began. Maybe a part of Camila knew that her father loved her, but his feelings and actions didn't match up. "I know you might not think that, but you have always been your father's heart. He loves you, dearly. Just please consider it."