Bonus Chapter #2

(A/N) Wuuuttt did I just update? That I did, my dudes. That I did 🤧 In the words of Shenseea (look her up) I'm the best 🤪

***

"You probably deserve someone better, but I swear no one wants to wake up to your face more than I do," Lauren brushed a strand of Camila's hair out of her face. "I love you."

Camila sighed in content when she felt Lauren's lips against her skin. "I love you too...but let's be real for a second, I look like crap when I wake up, so either you're blind, or you're stupid."

Lauren playfully shoved her wife away. "I can't just be crazy in love with my beautiful wife?"

"I mean," her wife shrugged. "You say potato, I say tomato. Or however it goes."

I personally, don't believe in the institution of marriage, nor do I believe in love. I mean, maybe I do, but no one has ever given me the reason to believe in either.

I don't really get it, you know? How can you be so utterly in love with someone enough to want to marry them, and start a life with them, and the next day...you can't even stand them.

People aren't worth it, and that's probably not something you wanted to hear from me, but that's the reality of it.

Love isn't rainbows, butterflies, unicorns and all that cheerful bullshit. It sucks ass. Believe me, that shit sucks ass.

But, let's dive out of my pessimism for a second, and I'll give you some false hope. I'm trying this thing called, quote unquote positivity, but as you can see, it's clearly not going great.

Despite love being shit, and so many people out there, not being worth it, there's always going to be someone that's a tad bit less shitty than the rest.

What I've learnt is that if you're going to engage in a romantic relationship during your early adult years, it damn well better be with someone who makes your insides explode with nothing but positive emotions.

Someone who takes the time to be patient and understanding, someone who is warm with their words as they are with their touch.

Someone who feels like home.

Life is too short to be focused on people who don't have your growth and best interest at heart.

The right person will love you in a way that makes you completely free and safe in your own skin. Good lovers will desire to see your personal success just as much as you do. Stay away from people who make you feel guilty for desiring the best for yourself.

They don't love you for you, but rather, they love you for what you can do for them.

That is not love.

That will never be love.

"I don't think that's how the saying goes, but we shall pretend for your sake, Cabello," Lauren brought Camila's hands to her lips, kissing it. "Whatever floats your goat."

"Cabello?" She kinked an eyebrow at her wife. "Have we randomly gotten divorced and I have no recollection of that?"

Lauren laughed but before she could respond, Camila continued.

"You may refer to me as; Camz, Camzii, babe, baby, cariño, princesa is fine but we call Izzy that. I do enjoy being called 'the love of my life'. Jauregui is also acceptable, but never Cabello. Understood?"