Deaf Part 2

Finally, it's here. The long awaited Deaf Part 2. And not to be gay and horny on main but Jake Gyllenhaal is so fucking hot. Anyway, sorry if this chapter isn't what you dreamed of, I had no idea where to go with this. This chapter will be in both Peter and Tony's point of view.

Tony                                   

When Pete and I left the kitchen, I could hear talking from the living room. The voices of Steve and Clint getting farther away as we walked hastily towards the elevator. It seemed as though they were having some sort of argument over Steve's lack of modern knowledge.

"What's a GIF?" The ever so ignorant Captain had asked.

This question angered Clint, as could be figured out from the sound of a foot stomping to the ground, followed by a scream of "IT'S PRONOUNCED GIF!" from said angry man.

Listening to their conversation, I laughed under my breath. My walking had slowed to listen to them, and Peter was looking at me with obvious confusion, as he(of course) could not hear the ruckus. I just looked him in the eyes and smiled, quickening my pace to match up with his.

When we entered the elevator, my brain, much like always, was in a jumbled ball of fighting thoughts. Also like always, one thought dominated the others. That thought was the task at hand(an uncommon occurrence), I needed to get Peter his hearing aids.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

After around ten minutes of searching and many questions directed at FRIDAY, the Spider-boy and I came to the conclusion that his spare hearing aids, the ones to use when his main pair are missing, were also, in fact, missing. This didn't surprise me, the kid was never a responsible or organized person. But the look on Peter's face was enough to silence these thoughts.

His face held many expressions, all swirling and spiraling, sharing and taking turns for a spot on the teenager's face. The most noticeable were sadness and horror, which broke my heart just looking at, but I could also see the flashes of guilt and regret, with the tiniest sprinkle of anger. That was the opposite of what I wanted to see on my so-mentee's face.

I patted him on the back, alerting the emotional boy of my desire to speak with him. He turned to me, and with a sigh I slowly signed 'Hey, it's alright. I will make you a new pair.' I smiled at him, a warm and genuine smile, not the kind you see me giving to the press. 

Peter's face lit up like a burning building, his sadness replaced with a large grin. It was a look that suited him much better. He started signing his excitement, much like he would ramble when he got too emotional in any way. His hands were moving too fast for me to translate, much like when he rambles verbally.

I held up my hands to calm him down, placing a comforting one on his shoulder. His frantic sign language stopped, his face going slightly red. I chuckled, pulling him into one of our famous side hugs.

'If you'd like, you can go hang out around the compound while you wait. This is going to take an hour or two.' I signed carefully, making sure he could see in his position. He nodded, smiling and signing goodbye before he skipped out of the lab. Well, time to get to work.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻 

Peter                                  

After taking the elevator back up to the living quarters, I made my way to the kitchen. Pepper had long since left, and the room was empty. I walked over to one of the cabinets, opening it carefully.

My eyes and hands searched for a few seconds, before pulling out what I was looking for. I took the pad of sticky notes that Mr. Stark keeps scattered around the compound, and closed the cabinet.

Mr. Stark always told me that if something ever happened to my hearing aids, I could use the sticky notes to write down what I wanted to say.

This would be useless without a pencil, though. I spent a few minutes looking around the kitchen in search for one. The best I could find was dull and without an eraser. It will have to do.

While I was distracted in my search, I didn't notice someone sneaking up behind me. The person tapped on my shoulder, causing me to jump in shock.

I turn around to see the Captain with a puzzled look on his face. He kept his hand on my shoulder, and started talking.

His lips we're moving, but no sound came out. I tried lip reading, but he was done talking before I could try. In response to his unheard words, I gave a nervous smile, and wrote something on the first sticky note.

'I can't hear you, I'm deaf' My handwriting was luckily readable, it had it be, or else I wouldn't be able to communicate with people who don't know ASL.

Mr. Captain's face paled, he stood frozen in place. After what felt like forever, he started nodding and mumbling, his eyes still wide. He promptly turned around and soldier walked out of the kitchen.

I shrugged, and followed him out of the kitchen, before turning back to the elevator. I rode down to the working floors, hoping to find one of the many workers I befriended.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

After asking around, I was given the location of my friend. Making my way to the cafeteria, where many workers hung out during breaks, I looked around for blonde hair.

It didn't take long, she's hard to miss. For some reason, Samantha always insisted on wearing her hero costume to work. The pink suit stood out like yoga ball in a hay stack, her outfit clashing with the blacks and whites of most other employees' clothes.

I smiled, and struggled my way through the crowded room to get to her. Once I got close enough, my smile grew and I waved frantically, my pencil and note pad cluched in my other hand.

Her eyes met mine, those previously mentioned eyes lighting up and a grin formed on her face. The hero beckoned me over to her, and I took a few seconds to get past the remaining crowd.

I sat down beside her at the lunch table, her already eaten food waiting to be thrown away. She opened her mouth to speak, but closed it when I started to sign.

'I lost my hearing aids. Can I hang out with you while Mr. Stark makes me a knew pair?' I signed to Samantha, and she nodded in understanding and agreement.

'Of course you can, I actually had something to show you.' The light-powered hero signed in return. You see, Samantha was born deaf, but after implants and therapy, she could hear almost as well as the average person. She had learned sign language at a young age, and got back into it after meeting me.

I nodded, which she took as a queue to go on. She went on about the new tricks she could do with her powers, and how she wanted to see what I thought. After the end of her signed rant, she stood up and led me to the munchkin-Avengers-training-hero training room. Or the MATH. It's where newer heroes go to train.

The rest of the afternoon was spent having fun with our powers, smiles were plastered on our faces the whole time. Samantha Farrell reminded me that you don't need to be able to enjoy yourself, and that's what being a hero is all about. Spreading good in the world.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Holy shit this is probably the longest thing I've ever written. Uh thanks for all the support, and if you have any ideas for future chapters, feel free to comment.