Deaf

Before we start, listen up. First off, I know that Clint isn't deaf in the MCU but I don't care. Also, in the comics Clint doesn't know sign language but he will in this. Another thing,  this one-shot is in Peter's point of view. One last thing, the Avengers aren't split up in this, because in this household Civil War didn't happen.

Today sucked.

Not only did I probably fail my test in spanish class, but my hearing aids had broken the night before during patrol.

Because of that, I had to pay attention to the teachers at all times. I didn't get super lip reading powers in the spider bite, you know.

Along with that, Flash taunted me more than usual, since he knew I couldn't hear him. It wasn't anything too bad, of course, and Ned always told me what he was saying through sign language.

The biggest problem though, wasn't with school.

I had left my backup hearing aids in Mr. Stark's lab, which meant that I would have to stop by after school, which meant that I would have to confront the Avengers without my hearing.

So that's why I'm currently standing outside the compound, twiddling my thumbs anxiously and desperately hoping someone on staff knows sign language.

Gosh, I hope Mr. Stark and Clint are here.

They were the only Avengers who knew about my disability, a bonus that they both know sign language(Although, I'm 99% certain that Mr. Stark learned because of me).

Wait, Natasha probably knows about it too, since she knows everything.

Clearing my head from my drifting thoughts, I breathed deeply.

In.

I inhaled.

Out.

I exhaled.

With a sudden burst of confidence, I strode into the building, and joined the hustle and bustle of the workers.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

This was a mistake.

I shouldn't have come up to the penthouse. This was a horrible idea. But alas, I wasn't allowed in the lab alone anymore, after a certain incident.

So, with much more confidence than I felt, I walked right into the living room, where Clint was attempting(and failing) to teach Mr. America how to use the DVD player.

Hesitantly, I tiptoed over to the two, not knowing how much sound I'd make if I walked normally. When I made it over to where Clint was sitting on the couch, I lightly tapped his shoulder.

Turning away from the amusement he got while watching Mr. America fail with modern technology, his eyes switched to me, a faint smile on his face.

"Yes, Peter?" Is what I believe he said, as my only source of knowing was through lip reading, which isn't always correct.

'Do you know where Mr. Stark is? I need to get something in the lab.' I signed, not trusting my voice when I couldn't hear it.

Clint looked shocked for a moment before smirking, 'He should be in the kitchen. Why, did you lose your hearing aids again?' He questioned, eyeing my empty ears.

As my hands began to communicate what I couldn't, I smiled at him, 'I broke them. Thank you for your help.'

'No problem, kid.' And with a grin on his face, Clint turned back to watch the old man struggle(who, surprisingly, didn't notice them).

Turning towards the door, I made my way to the kitchen. Peaking through the open door, I saw Pepper trying to stop Mr. Stark from making himself a cup of coffee, which I assumed wasn't his first.

When I walked in, my steps must have been loud, since Pepper stopped talking and turned to look at me. A smile replaced her stressed features, as she beckoned me over.

As I slowly walked to the couple, more careful of my steps, Mr. Stark turned around with a smile bigger than his ego. The smile, much like his ego, faltered as he noticed my lack of hearing aids.

'What happened to your hearing aids?' Mr. Stark signed slowly and sloppily, as he was still getting the hang of ASL(American Sign Language).

'I broke them on patrol last night, could we go to the lab to get my spare ones?' My signing slowed a lot when conversing with Mr. Stark, as he needed more time to understand.

He nodded, then turned and said something to Pepper, who also nodded. Mr. Stark waved at me to follow him, making his way to the door.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Shoot.

Part 2? Part 2. Someday.

Just to clarify some things, this is the Avengers compound, so it has a different layout than the tower, which is why the kitchen and living room aren't connected.

Later libtards