Then I heard footsteps from another direction. Three more members of the family stumbled into the room.

"Minho," Jisung said, "this is Hyunjin, Jeongin, and Seungmin."

"Hi," I said, waving in a wide arc. They were keeping a safe distance, like Changbin.

The younger one, Jeongin, grinned a toothy smile and waved at me with one delicate hand. He was falling into Hyunjin's side like a cute Leaning Tower of Pisa.

"Hello," said the breathtaking one — Seungmin. "Nice to meet you. No need to be nervous, by the way. We don't bite."

I laughed stupidly loud. When I shut myself up, they were all eyeing me. I pressed my lips together.

"Hi, Minho." Hyunjin approached suddenly and attacked me in a bear-hug. (He was stronger than he looked, but his hold on me was oddly gentle and comforting.)

He backed up, and his eyes shifted to Jisung.

"What? You want one, too?" He raised his arms.

"You promised not to embarrass me," Jisung hissed.

Hyunjin fluttered his hands in surrender, winking at me. He spun back to stand with Seungmin and Jeongin.

"It's really great to meet you all," I said, trying to meet each of their golden eyes. "I really like your house. It's beautiful." I hadn't performed for a group of people like this before. I thought I would have been tense, stammered or gotten someone's name wrong — but I felt at ease around them. I felt like any mistake I could have made wasn't beyond repair.

"Thank you," Chan said. "We're really happy you're here. I don't want to freak you out or anything, but we've been very eager to meet you. Especially Felix."

Felix smacked his arm and nearly knocked him over.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Jisung nod quickly in Haseong's direction. I refocussed.

"I'm happy to be here," I said. "I feel welcome."

I let my eyes float over the furniture and knickknacks — each just as mysterious as the next. The piano held my attention. I imagined Jisung playing it, losing himself in the melodies. Maybe thinking about me.

"Do you play?" Chan tipped his head toward the piano.

"No, I don't," I said. "I know he does."

We both looked at Jisung. He looked to his side, too, as if we were talking about some other pianist just behind him.

When I glanced back at Chan, he was obviously proud — and teasing, like he knew Jisung would hate this.

"Have you heard him play?" Chan asked. I shook my head. His eyes switched to Jisung. "Why don't you play a little something for Minho?"

Jisung grudgingly headed toward the piano, towing me with him. He took a seat on the bench, and I sat next to him, ecstatic and trying to hide it. He let go of my hand and cracked his knuckles.

He started playing. His fingers darted across the keys like magic, and sound filled the room. It was upbeat, something you could dance to. I found myself swaying.

"Who wrote this?" I asked, watching his hands.

"Chan, Changbin and I."

I blinked. "You wrote this?"

"It was a team effort. It's better than the ones I write by myself."

I rolled my eyes. "Why do you say things that make me want to yell at you?"