"M'sorry sir, but we can't help you. What's done is done. Taehyung's off the team, his teammates are uncomfortable, and what happened is simply boys being boys," The coach says. Beomsoo shoots up to his feet, not done with their conversation just yet.

"This is ridiculous. You people are goddamn racist, homophobic idiots," He snaps, pointing a finger at the coach.

He pats Taehyung's shoulder, ordering him to get up. Beomsoo shakes his head, disgust all over his features as he takes Taehyung by the shoulder and walks out.

None of them speak for awhile, mostly because his dad's trying to calm himself down while Taehyung's still processing what had happened moments ago. They walk to his car and get in, neither one saying anything as they sit in complete silence.

After a bit, his dad runs a hand down his face, letting out a string of curses underneath his breath. He proceeds to start the engine, but he doesn't move. Instead, he turns to face Taehyung, frowning.

"I'm sorry kid," He says, sighing as he presses his fingers on the bridge of his nose. "They just don't want to understand. If I could sue them, I would, but they'd p-play that same bullshit—,"

"—Dad, you didn't have to do that for me," Taehyung whispers, interrupting him. Beomsoo frowns a little, the skin between his eyebrows creasing.

"What do you mean? I had to. You expect me to sit back again after I did that for years?" His dad cracks a small smile at him. Taehyung shrugs, finding himself smiling back at him. He reaches over and ruffles Taehyung's hair, chuckling deeply.

"It's just you and me now, Tae. I'm not gonna let you down anymore," Beomsoo pats his shoulder and turns back around to drive.

Taehyung leans back into his seat, still unable to grasp the fact his father supports him. To think that a couple of months ago his dad can barely look him in the eye, and now he's fighting his battles with him instead of against him. It's like they've picked off right where they had left off.

"So, I signed the papers with Rachel," His dad says, his voice attracting Taehyung's attention. "We're going to work it out soon, and she agreed it's best if you stay with me. Is that okay with you? I know I'm not the best dad ever, but I'll try harder to be no matter what you choose to do."

"Of course I want to stay with you," Taehyung chuckles, his eyebrows furrowing as he nudges his dad's side. "What kind of question is that?"

"Well, I don't know," Beomsoo laughs along with him, the big, rectangular smile he wears matching his son's. "I didn't think you'd forgive me."

"Really," Taehyung raises an eyebrow at him. His dad nods, tapping his fingers over the steering wheel. "Dad, you accepting me is enough."

"To me it's not. I'll make it up to you. When your boyfriend comes back from Nashville we'll all go meet up with Daniel and Grace in California during summer. I'm in need of one of those hollywood beach trips," He says, sounding genuinely excited to spend time with him. Taehyung is too, in fact, it's like he's reliving his childhood all over again.

"When is Jeongguk coming back?" His dad asks. At this, Taehyung gulps and shrugs, the atmosphere around them shifting.

"It's been a month already," Taehyung says, his voice softening. "I thought he would be back last week," He scratches the side of his neck, feeling a little uneasy.