06. wishes

[ 06. wishes ]
J E O N G G U K

warning - offensive themes

▂▂▂▂▂

When Jeongguk's finally able to control his heart (and his little issue down below) he joins the rest of the women and his friends in the living room. He decides to seat himself beside Jimin and Stephanie to be safe, however he's slightly puzzled when Taehyung doesn't dare meet his eye.

He notices how the older is sitting next to Rachel, scowling at his lap. The blatant discomfort that appears in the form of a muscle is twitching angrily in his clenched jaw, every time Rachel brushes against him he stills. He wonders if Taehyung's alright, but the moment he lets his thoughts run freely, his breath hitches in his throat picturing that illict dream of his all over again.

Don't think about him, Jeongguk anxiously chews the inside of his cheek, allowing himself to glance over at Taehyung one more time before averting his timid gaze to his lap. His problems are certainly not his own to decipher.

"All of us were waiting for you, Guk," Jimin leans close to his ear, his voice hushed and thankfully snapping him out of his seemigly never ending flow of thoughts.

"Did something go wrong in the kitchen?" He then asks when Jeongguk doesn't answer, worry scrunching the skin between his brows. Jeongguk realizing he's probably scaring the older quickly shakes his head, biting down on his lower lip, nervous.

"I was searching for a box of extra tea," Jeongguk lies through his teeth, his tensed shoulders slightly easing when Jimin simply nods, leaning away.

For a second he feels Taehyung lifts his darkened stare from his lap and fall on him, though Jeongguk wills himself to not give in. Instead he focuses on his mother sitting at the head of the circle with her hands clutching a Bible, flooding his mind with holy thoughts to overpower the nasty ones clouding his senses.

Lord, please make me pure, he prays, eyeing the leather Bible on his mother's lap. Please forgive me for I have sinned.

"Today I didn't prepare a scripture for us to analyze," His mother sets the book onto the coffee table, clapping her free hands together enthusiastically. "I have another plan."

Jeongguk exhales shakily, his fingers gripping the edge of the sofa as though its his tether to reality. His anxious irises dart from his lap to the clock above the bookcase with (surprise!) more Bibles and Christian books, slightly growing irritated how time seems to tick more slower than usual.

"Do y'all know about Alice Johnson and her son Justin?" All of the women nod in silent unison, prompting his mother to continue.

"Justin's lovely," A woman Jeongguk doesn't recognize comments, earning a few hums of agreement from the ladies. Jeongguk can't help but sneak a glance at Taehyung, his tongue poking the wall of his inner cheek watching the boy do absolutely nothing but stare at his lap.

Jeongguk's mom nods, smiling feebly. "My husband was called recently to their home. So I asked Alice about it over the phone a few days ago, and she told me her son Justin was caught with his neighbor."

At first, the women brush it off, not unfamiliar to the sinful yet natural needs of their sexually-driven children nowadays. Jeongguk, however, immediately stiffens in his seat, the air working against him as it feels as though his lungs are being squeezed in his chest. His eyes travel towards Taehyung, whose blank gaze has now moved away from his lap to his mother.