02. we meet again

[ 02. we meet again ]
J E O N G G U K

▂▂▂▂▂

It's been a few days since Jeongguk's seen Taehyung, and he's been dreading it as Sunday draws closer with each passing second.

However, Taehyung has been appearing quite frequently lately much to his own distaste, the golden-haired boy with his masculinity and testosterone skyrocketing through the roof has become the recent object of attention at his highschool. Well, to be more specific, being a city boy in a school populated with teenagers that have never been exposed to anything beyond their small town is bound to draw a lot of attention.

He isn't exaggerating when he says he sees Taehyung literally everywhere. The boy's in the lockerroom when he is, in some of his classes, walking around the hallways with notable losers on his tail, hopeful to share some of his newfound popularity if Taehyung happens to look their way and adopt them as his sidekick.

Wherever Jeongguk goes, he hears his name being uttered from the mouths of preppy girls and jealous jocks that clutter the hallways in cliches. Anything they discuss ranges from his Hollywood-worthy looks fit for the big screen to his all-American accent. Jeongguk tries his best to also drown out the rather horny and rude comments about Taehyung being amazing at sex or a womanizer, those types of naughty comments always causing his cheeks to heat up feverishly (how can people be so comfortable talking about something so private?).

Anyways, there's no doubt Taehyung's simply becoming a celebrity in their tiny, countryside town overnight, and by the looks of it, he's fitting into his newfound fame quite well.

So well, Taehyung has the great audacity to clamp his palm over his mouth, his other hand dragging him inside of a cramped, dark room Jeongguk can only assume as the janitor's closet without his permission.

"Taehyung?" Jeongguk nearly shrieks to the top of his lungs, completely flustered when the older presses a single finger to his lips. Out of all places to meet the boy, he ends up almost pressed up against him in a strongly lemon-scented closet filled with cobwebs.

How awesome is that?

"Quiet doll," Taehyung chuckles softly, holding his arms up close in surrender, "I'm merely trying to not draw any attention."

"You just yanked me into a damn closet! That's drawing attention if you ask me!" Jeongguk shouts, flinching when Taehyung presses his palm against his lips to shut him up. At this, embarassment spreads across his cheeks like a wild fire, tinting his skin a bright red.

Sticking his tongue out, he licks the blonde's palm, watching proudly when Taehyung quickly retracts his hand to his side, disgust scrunching his brows together as he wipes off Jeongguk's saliva on his jeans.

"That was unnecessary," Taehyung frowns, rolling his eyes at the childish smile glowing on Jeongguk's shadowy features.

"City people really don't think," Jeongguk snorts, yelping when Taehyung pokes his side out of nowhere. Offended, Jeongguk pushes him back playfully, though surprisingly the boy doesn't budge underneath his touch. How embarassing is that.

Pouting, Jeongguk averts his gaze to anywhere but Taehyung. He gnaws on his bottom lip, trying his best to ignore the boy's deep laughter ringing throughout the closet.