The Millionaire's Designated Job

Start from the beginning

"Oh," I mumbled under my breath.

"Will that be all?" She asked.

Austin nodded and she left. "So?" He asked as if he had been waiting for me to say something this whole time. "What do you think? You may think it sounds like a hard job, but I promise I'll make it easier."

"What? You think I can't handle the challenge?" I asked while following him back to his office.

"I never said that. I just know from experience that you don't enjoy hard work. I was going to make this easy for you."

"Well, don't. I can handle it."

"So you're saying you'll take the job?"

I nodded. "What about Reyna and Howard? They're both out of a job too."

"They're my friends, Vi. I'm sure I can find something for them to do here."

I'm sure you can, Mr. Cruise.

"You could have dressed a little nicer," Howard said nervously while eyeing my choice of clothing. Why wasn't he bothering Reyna about her clothes? She looked like a slut in hers! Is that really any better?

I threw on a floral, fit and flare, skater dress, and a pair of strappy gold heels. Reyna word a red, bodycon dress with black pumps.

Howard asked us if we would meet his new friend...that is a boy. He claims they're only friends but I think it's a lot more than that. Being the awesome friends we were, Reyna and I obviously agreed. So here we were, in a fancy, upscale restaurant we knew we couldn't afford.

"This little baby is wearing better clothes than you," Howard said while holding up Chas. He was all dressed up in a little suit. It was too adorable.

"What's this guy's name anyway?" Reyna asked while sliding into the booth. I slid in next to her. Howard was on the opposite side of us.

"Quentin."

"How long have you known this...Quentin?" I asked.

"A few months, if you must know everything mother!"

"I'm not you're mom."

"Then stop acting like it!"

"Hey look!" Reyna shouted while pointing towards the door.

Howard and I both followed her pointing finger with our eyes. To tell you the truth, I was a little surprised to see who I did.

Austin and Silvia.

Blah!

Let me go throw up now.

I haven't actually seen Silvia in over six months so this was a bit of a rare appearance. I was surprised to see her ditch Austin to come waddling over here. The pictures on Celebrity Wire did get something right, she was heavily pregnant. She wasn't even trying to hide it in that tight fitting, Gucci dress.

"Hey friends," she gave a little wave. Surely she wasn't stupid enough to think we were her legit friends. Only a moron couldn't see how much the three of us hated her. "How have you been? You never call," she asked while attempting to slide into the booth next to Howard. The bump was a little restricting though.

"We could say the same about you," Reyna mumbled, "Why don't you ever call us?"

"When I try, it says the number doesn't exist anymore so I take it you changed them."

The three of us looked down at the table. We had in fact, all changed our numbers. She can't seriously like us though, could she?

"Well..." Howard tried to change the subject, "How's the kid?" He asked while pointing at her bump.

"Oh, she's good. I think. I don't know. How would I tell?" She paused, "Violet, I heard Austin gave you a job at Silver Enterprises. That's pretty cool."

I nodded. She had absolutely no idea.

"Well, I should probably go. I'm getting pretty hungry. You guys have fun," she gave us another wave before leaving.

We all let breaths out that we didn't know we were holding, "She's Austin's problem now," Howard laughed.

That she was Howard. That she was.

Pic of: Reyna and Violet's dinner outfits.

Music: Girls Chase Boys (my favorite song right now)