Chapter 4: She's cute, he's cute

~Ava's POV~

I walked out of the lunchroom with Mia. 

"What class do you have next?" She asked. I loved being a Junior because you get a free period and mine was after lunch.

"I have a free period," I said.

"Oh, same. Wanna hang out?" She asked.

"Sure. You should come over to my house after school. Want to?" I asked as she stopped walking. "What? Did I say something?" 

"I can't I have my art club after school.?" She asked. 

                                                                            ****

When we got outside the front of the building looked different without all the club tables.

"Hey, did you get any people to sign up for your art club?" I asked. 

"Yeah only." She paused and then said, "10 people!" I went to give her a hug and then all of a sudden Zac comes out of nowhere. 

"10 people for what?" He asked Mia.

"My art club." She added.

"That's great." He said. "Hey, Ava Grace." He laughed.

"Hey, Zac Taylor." I laughed as Mia looked at us. 

"I have to go get something from my locker on the other side of the building. Bye" She said as she ran off. 

"That was weird. I wonder what that was about." I said.

"Yeah, that was weird. So Ava are you new?" He asked. 

"Yeah, I moved from Maine," I said. 

"Wow, that's far." He said. 

"Yeah, my dad just got a new job down here so we had to move," I said as we started walking to a bench.

We both sat down on the bench and looked at each other

"Your eyes are pretty." He complimented.  

"What?!" I asked confused.

"Nothing." He answered quickly. I pretended not to hear him but the silence was getting awkward. 

"Sorry, I have to go," I said.

"It's fine, I made it awkward, see ya around Ava." He said as I opened the door to the school. When I got into the second door that goes into the school Mia was standing there.

"OMG, what are you doing. I thought you were going to your locker?" I asked angrily.

"Sorry, but I think the popular boy's falling for the new girl. What happened, I can't read lips." She said.

"When we both sat down there was awkward silence so he said, you have pretty eye's and I pretended to not here him so that lead to more silence so I said I had to go," I said.

"Hey, can I see your phone?" She asked. 

"Sure," I said as I gave her my phone. After a minute or two, she handed me my phone.

"Here, you can text me now." She said as she walked to her next class before the bell rang.

                                                                        ******

After all my classes where over I found out that Zac was in my blocks 4, 5, and 6. I don't think he noticed me but Alex is in block 4, Liam is in block 5,  and Jake is in block 6. He has his friends so I just sat in the middle. When I got to my car I unlocked the door and climbed in. As I was about to pull out my brother almost ran into my car with his. I looked at him to let me go first but he just kept ongoing. I plugged my phone to charge while I ventured on my way back home.

                                                                        ******

~Zac's POV~

"Hey man, find that girl again?" Asked Alex as they all laughed when he said that.

"Yeah. I made it awkward though. She's really cute but I want to get to know her more. I have one of my blocks with her tomorrow so I think I'll sit with her." I said.

"Forget her man, you should go for Ally Linger," Liam said.

"I hear she's a nerd." A voice out of nowhere said as Saige sat in the empty chair. 

"See dude, told you." Said Jake as he slapped Liam's chest.

"Whatever, how's football going Zac?" Asked Saige.

"Good, I think we'll have a killer team," I said as all of the boy's nodded their heads.

"Charlie Martin broke his collar bone," Jake commented looking up from his phone. 

"Great that's one less line-man. Liam, I think you should step up." I suggested.

"I don't know man, I am not very good at that position." He said.

"Dude just try, no harm will come if you do," I said. 

"Fine, I'll try it out but I don't think the coach will play me there." He said as my phone buzzed. Mia texted me. 

Mia: Hey Zac, so the new girl Ava. WHAT THE HECK DUDE! 

Zac: Sorry, I think she's cute but after what I said I think I blew my chances with getting to know her at least.

Mia: She said to me you were "cute" but I think she may have just said. 

Zac: Oh thanks :) You're helpful.

Mia: No problem. ;)

"Who you texting?" Asked Saige.

"No-one. I have to head out. Have to add in the daily work-out." I said as I left the table. Then I got a text for Saige.

Saige: Hey, I have soccer try-outs tomorrow after school. I think you should swing by and watch.

Zac: Sure, I'll watch after football practice.

Saige: Thanks Zac, it means the world to me.

I locked my phone and unlocked my car door and ventured back home to do my daily lifts.

~Note~

Sorry, so the long update. I had some family things I needed to do.  I am also sorry for this chapter. I didn't really know what to do for them so I just came up with something to write about in this chapter.  Thanks for understanding.

~Soccerlife24

P.S. I should be coming out with a new chapter soon but sorry if I don't cause I still have family things going on. Bye :)