Chapter 11: My answer

Previously:

"Oh um I don't know," She said and they all looked at each other and smiled. Then all of a sudden the lights in the cafeteria went dim and the stage in the cafeteria went on. Zac was in the middle of all of them holding a football jersey. He had a microphone in his hand and started talking.

"Ava," He paused and everyone in the cafeteria looked at me. "I want to ask you to the..." 

Now:

"I want to ask you to the homecoming dance," He said as he walked over to me. He gave me the football jersey and whispered. "The front says yes and the back says no so just wear what you say in the front so everyone can see your decision." He pulled me up to the stage. I looked at him and I felt tears run down my cheeks. I put flipped the jersey back and forth until I decided what I was going to say. I put on the jersey so the front read "yes". When I put it on everyone in the whole cafeteria stood up and started cheering. Zac hugged me and twirled me around and then we kissed. The kiss was a short sweet kiss. 

When lunch was over Zac and I decided to study together outside. 

"I am happy you said yes." He hugged me and then kissed my cheek. He pulled away and both starred at each other. 

"I need to go to my locker," I said as I looked the time on my phone. We both got up and parted ways. I forgot I had a game tonight. I walked to the locker room. The whole team was already there including Mia. She looked at me and motioned for me to sit next to her. 

"Where have you been?" She whispered. 

"With Zac, I have some news," I said and she grinned.

"I already know, it's all over Snapchat and Instagram. Congrats," She said.

Coach just talked about plans and plays for the game. I was starting forward (striker) and Mia was starting Midfield. When the coach was done, Mia and I walked out of the locker room like everyone else. We both hugged and Mia walked back to the parking lot and I walked to class. 

When they finally called the girls soccer out of class to get ready for the game most of the girls rushed out of the room and to the locker room to change. When I left the class Zac texted me. 

Zac: Good luck with your game. I will be there in time for you to see you play. 😍😘❤️

Ava: Thanks Zac, 😘❤️

After I sent the message I started towards the locker room when someone pinned me against a locker. I was a little scared at first but then realized who it was. It was my brother. 

"Good luck sis, btw I have a new girlfriend. Tell you about her later." He looked at me with a smirk and walked off. I couldn't believe he told me that. Usually, he comes home with a girl and breaks up with him a couple of weeks later. I walked to the locker room and opened the door to it. Most of the team was already in there. 

"Hey girl," Mia said. 

"Hey, how was your day off?" I asked, she looked a little washed out so I apologized. 

"It's fine, I don't know why I cried for 2 hours after you guys left but I did and then fell asleep after having a restless night. Can we talk about this later?" She asked.

"Yes, of course." I stood up after pulling my jersey over my head. "Everyone," I yelled to get there attention. "We have our first game today and I just wanted to say," I paused. "Do your best." They all clapped and we went into a huddle and started cheering to get our energy up. "Lions on 3," I yelled. "1.. 2.. 3.. LIONS!" Everyone yelled. 

We all walked out of the locker room and onto the field. This was going to be a good game.

We were all warming up when I saw someone I thought I knew. I looked closer and saw my parents. They don't usually come to my game. I instantly got all my energy back and waved to them. 

"Still waves to her parents," Saige laughed.

"I don't see them much, is that a problem?" I questioned.

"No, but I just like to talk to little kids. It's fun," She stretched the word fun to get her in my head but it didn't work. Then they called captains. Saige and I walked up to the refs and shook hands with everyone. The told us the rules and then flipped the coin. The other team called heads and the coin said tails so we decided to choose side first so we chose the less sunny side and they got to get the ball first. Then we got told our positions and headed onto the field to start the game.