Chapter 12: The Big Game

When the other team got the ball into play Saige and I raced to get it. Saige stole it from one of the players and passed to me. I juked out the defenders took a shot. The goal, in the first 5 minutes of the game I scored. The other team started again and they scored. That happened for most of the first half. 

During half time our coach was talking strategies. When the ref blew the whistle we all stood up from the bench and went in for a huddle. We did our school cheer and went to take the field. I looked at the stands to see if Zac was sitting still and he was. He was wearing his football jersey because they have a game tomorrow and I was going. 

Saige passed me the ball and the second half started. I passed it back to Mia and she dribbled through the defenders and she shot, Goal, I ran up to her and jumped on her cheering and yelling. 

"Yeah, Mia let's go!" She was so happy. The whole team was huddled around her and we all walked back to our defending side. Then the game started and Jackie stole the ball. She passed to Mia and then passed to me. I took the shot and got fouled and missed. I laid on the ground then stood up. I was in the box all by myself. 

A sweatdrop dripped down my face and cheek. I looked at the goalie then down at the ball.  I picked the opposite corner to trick the goalie and then back up to shoot. The people in the stands went quiet and then I kicked the ball to the back of the net. I could hear cheers and boo's mixed in. I was surrounded by a huddle of my teammates.  

The game was still us 7-3. It was the last 5 minutes of the game. I dribbled the ball through the defense line and towards the goal. It was me and the goalie till I saw a defender coming from behind. She finally reached me and started pushing. I was maybe three feet from the goal and she knocked it out of play. It was a corner. Mia took it, we all lined up in the play coach had told us.

Mia put her hand up signaling that she was gonna kick. We ran in and I was about to head when a girl pushed me into the goal post. I feel to the ground, my head throbbing with pain and everything went black after that. 

                                                                          *********** 

~Mia's POV~

I lifted my hand and kicked the ball. Saige headed it in the goal. We all ran Saige to hug her and then heard someone call for a ref. I turned around to see who was hurt and saw Ava on the ground next to the goal post. I ran over to her and her eyes were shut. The ref came over and then looked at me worried. She signaled for our coach to come over. When she got to Ava she looked worried also. 

"Did she pass out?" I asked worriedly. I looked to find Zac and he was standing up. I looked at him straight in the eyes and shook my head. This wasn't good. 

An ambulance arrived and carried Ava off in a stretcher. I stayed for the rest of the game and we won 8-3. We all then drove to the hospital to see if Ava woke up yet.

                                                                          *********** 

~Ava's POV~

I woke up and my head was pounding. I went to go cover it to eas the pain and felt some of my hair was gone. Then I heard a voice say something, "She's awake, get the doctor Mark." I felt a hand on my hand then the door flew open, I was confused about where I was.                                  

"Where am I?" I asked. The people stopped and looked at me. Then someone gasped. 

"You're at the hospital." Said the doctor who was at the edge of my bed looking at my charts. 

"I am?" One of the people who were sitting next to me started crying. "Why am I at the hospital?" I looked up at the doctor who looked at me with a worried face.

"You hit your head pretty hard on a post." He walked over to my head and unwrapped my bandages.

He then put them in the trash. He grabbed the roll of bandages from a table on my left and wrapped more on my head. 

I sat in the hospital bed for around 30 minutes in silence. Then I heard a weird beeping sound as I saw a boy around my age enter the room as my vision went black. 

~Zac's POV~

I walked into Ava's hospital room and heard a beeping noise. It wasn't something you wanted to hear.

"Get the doctor, get a doctor!" Ava's mom was yelling. I ran over to her monitor and her heart rate was going down. No, she can't just die like this.

A couple of seconds later 3 doctors rushed in and started to test. One of the doctors put a breathing mask over her mouth. Then after a couple of seconds, her heart rate had stopped going down. Her mother hugged her father and touched her hand. She was out again and no one can tell when she is going to wake. 

After I ate lunch Ava's parents wanted to get real food so they left the hospital. I waited a couple of minutes and then shut the room door. 

"Ava, I don't know if you can hear me but you need to stay with us. You can't leave. I know we've been together for like a couple of days or so but I like you, Ava. I don't want you to go." I held her hand and sat there and looked at her closed eyes. I stood up and sat next to her on the bed. I leaned closer to her so we were about 2 inches away from each other. I looked at her again and kissed her deeply. Then what I didn't think would happen, happened.

~Author's Note~

Hey guys, I am back. Anyway, sorry for not updating often like I said I would but I have been doing some summer things since school is starting soon. Hope you like this chapter and I will try to update soon. Bye ;)

P.S. Make sure to vote, comment, and share this story with friends. Thanks, :D