Chapter 9: Beach Day

When we got on the beach the tide was going down but it was still a little high. We walked towards Zac's house a little till we found a good spot to set up our towels and chairs. 

"This is a lot nicer than the public beach down the road." She said as she laid out her towel.

"Yeah, I always loved coming here over the summer," I said and looked out to the ocean.

"When would you come?" She asked.

"I would usually come for the last two weeks of July," I said as I laid on my towel so I could get a little more tan. 

"Nice," I said.

We both sat in silence tanning until someone started talking.

"I see you already getting the boring thing done." Zac laughed.

"Oh hi," I nervously said. He had swim shorts that were blue on.

"Hey Zac," Mia said when his friends Alex, Jake, and Liam walked up behind him. They were also wearing swim shorts. 

"Hey girls," they said.

"Hey," Mia and I said as we sat up.

"Let's go swimming, I am getting hot in this sun," As he said that Liam, Alex, and Jake ran to the water and dove in. Then Liam came back out and dragged Mia in. 

"Come on Ava, let's go," Zac pulls me to the water.

"It's cold," I said as I stepped out of the water. I only went up to my ankles.

"Just come, it gets warmer when you soak your whole body in the water." He said as he grabbed my hand.

"Ok, I'll come." I let up.

When I got up to my waist I turned around. Zac grabbed me from behind and fell backward into the water still holding onto me.

"It's so cold," I said as I stood up. I wrapped my arms around my chest to indicate I was cold and looked a Mia, she was flirting Liam and he was back. I think that Mia should be with Liam instead of Jackson.

"It's not that bad," Zac said as he dove into a wave.

When he came up out of the water he smiled. I smiled back and dove into the next wave. When I was underwater I opened my eyes. Zac was in front of me looking at the shells at the bottom of the sea. I picked up a shell and looked at him. We both swam to the surface.

"That's a cool shell, Ava." He smiled.

"Thanks, you can have it. I just really admire them and then put them on a rock and leave it there.

"Thanks, hey you should come to my house after. I want to show you something." He said and winked. We swam for maybe 30 minutes before we all couldn't feel our bodies. When we got out Mia was still talking to Liam. 

"Hey you two, come eat with us," I said and winked at Mia. All of a sudden her phone rang and she picked it up. She started to talk then stopped. She looked at me then mouthed, "I have to take this," and she walked to the path that takes you to my house. 

"What was that?" Asked Jake.

"I don't know, but I have a sly feeling I know something is going to happen.

~Mia's POV~

When I stopped talking to Liam to eat I heard my phone ring. When I looked at who was calling me, I saw that the phone read Jackson. I picked it up and he started talking.

"Hey, where are you. I went to pick you up at your house and no-one was home." He said with anger. 

"I was.." Is all I said until he cut me off.