Part 10: Missed

*2 weeks later*

Kian drives the car and I stare out the windshield. I dare not say anything. He is enraged, because we had a flat tire and had to drive by a mechanic to get it changed.

"Why haven't you said anything?" He says, snapping.

"I-" I can't manage to form the words.

"Are you scared of me? Why are you acting like this?" He asks. I raise an eyebrow.

"Scared? I didn't know you wanted to talk." I reply, irritated.

"Scared. Of course I want to talk to my girlfriend." He replies. I can tell he is agitated, and I can't see past the murky buildup in his eyes.

"I'll only talk to you if you get your act together." I say. He is mad now.

"I'm mad because of the tire! Not you!" He shouts and slams his hand into the steering wheel.

"This is exactly what I'm talking about! What's wrong with you, Kian?!" I shout back.

"Nothing! I'm just mad!" He says at the top of his lungs.

"Pull over." I say calmly. I am infuriated.

"What?" He continues to be loud.

"Pull over the car." I repeat.

"Why would I do that?" I'm losing my patience.

"Because I said!" I shout. I'm so mad. I'm more than that, actually. I'm fuming.

He pulls over and I get out without a second thought. We are only a few miles from my house. We don't share another word before I wave his ass away. He drives off slowly, watching me, I'm sure. I call Lina and tell her everything. She picks me up, and we decide to see a movie. I check the movies that are on for tonight, and we agree on The Maze Runner. She is pumped for it, and I am too.

We arrive at the theater around 6:55 and buy some popcorn. We get seated in the 3rd to the top row. She smiles when the previews come on. I laugh at her and she hits my arm everytime something cool comes on. The movie starts, and silence.

During the movie, I choose an unexciting part to go to the bathroom. I leave Lina, and make my way down the aisle. Descending the stairs, someone grabs my arm. I pull and run out of the theater. They follow. Into the bathroom, I run, but they don't come in. I lock the door, but eventually leave. Cautiously, I look around before exiting. From behind a cutout, Kian steps out.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him, growling.

"Same as you." He shows me his ticket.

"You followed me here. Are you insane?" I ask angrily. He shrugs and nods a little. "I don't care. I'm going to watch the movie, and you aren't ruining it for me." I push past him and into the theatre. I seat myself beside Lina, and try to watch. But most of my attention, is turned on the entrance of the movie. He doesn't come back in.

*next day*

I wake up with a knock on my bedroom door. I put my hair up, and open it. Kian.

"What are you doing here?!" I try to close the door, but he sticks his foot in the door.

"That's more painful than it looks." He says. I ignore his witty comment.

"Kian get out of my house!" I shout.

"Can we talk please. Please." I ignore the begging and try to shut the door again. He doesn't let me. "Please." I give in after an eternity.

"Fine. You have five minutes. Go." I say rudely. He comes in and sits on my bed.

"Ana. I was just mad, and I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have followed you to the theater." Blah blah blah. He continues for 4 and and a half minutes. Before I speak.

"You know we both missed a lot last night." I begin.

"We missed?" he asks.

"You missed me, so you followed me. And because of that, I missed my movie." I explain. "out." I finish. He raises his hands in surrender and leaves. I breathe out all of the suffering and tears I was keeping in. Lina enters and hugs me on the floor. She kisses my cheek and offers a girl day today. I smile and thank her. I love Lina. Maybe i should just be a lesbian, because boys are too damn hard.

authors note

Thanks for the reads everyone. I know this was a sucky chapter, and I didn't talk extensively about Maze Runner because I haven't seen it yet, tbh. Once again, thanks and I love you!!

-pickledOakley