Chapter 11: The Mad God

Danny shook off the stars from his eyes as some strange nausea had come over him. The half ghost's eyes immediately started darting from side to side, before seeing his friend on the ground. Serana moaned and got at the fours first, pieces of grass in her hair. She opened her eyes and saw Danny's hand outstretched to her. The vampire took it and got up with his help. She wiped off the grass.

"Where are we?" A question followed.

Phantom looked around. They were on what looked like meadow, surrounded by almost lifeless trees. There wasn't much to say. His observations were stopped by a nudge. As he glanced at Serana, she nodded in the opposite direction. Danny then heard several voices and saw that they were far from being alone. Furthermore, it seemed that they had landed in a middle of a tea party.  Danny suddenly remembered a certain fairytale.

There were two men sitting at the long table, stuffed with food and drinks - tea to be specific. One of the people was a blond young man, with his hair in a low ponytail. He was dressed in the regal brown clothing. The other person looked to be much older, with short grey hair and beard. His eyes were completely white, making it seem like he was blind, no pun intended. His clothes were even weirder - a camisole, whose left half was orange, while the right half was purple.

"More tea, Pelly my dear?" The bearded guy asked loudly, like a little girl offering a cup of tea to a teddy bear.

"Oh, I couldn't. It goes right through me. Besides, I have so many things to do. So many detractors and undesirables, naysayers, buffoons. My...My headsman hasn't slept in three days."

"You are far too hard on yourself, my dear, sweet, homicidally insane Pelagius. What would the people do without you? Dance? Sing? Smile?" He laughed. "Grow old? You are the best Septim that has ever ruled. Well, except for that Martin fellow, but he turned into a Dragon god, and that's hardly sporting. You know, I was there for that whole sordid affair. Marvelous time! Butterflies, blood, a Fox, a severed head... Oh, and the cheese! To die for."

"Yes, yes, as you've said countless times before."

"Harumph! Well, if you're going to be like that, I think its best I take my leave. A good day to you, sir. I said good day!"

"Yes. Leave me to my ceaseless responsibilities and burdens."

However, the ponytail man disappeared, not the man in a camisole. Meanwhile the bearded one hummed a song under his nose.

"You first," Serana said, looking at Danny.

He sighed. "I guess it won't hurt. I hope it won't."

Phantom stepped forward and coughed to get attention. The man immediately perked up and grinned from ear to ear.

"Oooh, visitors! How lovely!" He cried in joy. Then his blind (not) eyes widened. "Oh, goodness, a King in our midst!"

He bowed theatrically.

"Good day to you, sir! What brings you here? I don't recall sending an invitation to this little party of mine. Was it Haskill's doing? No, he would have told...hmm..." the man rubbed his beard. "Then again, I did order not to bother me. Anyways. Want some tea, Your Highness? Or would you prefer to be referred as 'Majesty', little Prince? Oh, what am I talking about, I am the Prince, not you, how dare you take my title?" He screeched.

Danny made a step back as the man shouted in his face. Alright, time to remember his sister's teachings.

"I assure you, you can have whatever title you'd prefer," he raised his hands in a calming gesture.

"I don't need your permission," the man responded. "I will be the same old Daedric prince. You can be the King. Whatever. What are you doing here?" He deadpanned.