Chapter 4: No one escapes Cidna Mines

In an inn Phantom ate a salmon steak with a mug of mead, which tasted not bad at all, actually. Only after that Danny started to search for the shrine. It didn't take long actually, bypassers told him where it was. It was rather small on the inside. There was only one statue of some armored guy in winged helmet. He looked a lot like viking. There was also an altar shaped like an axe.

"Oh, you made it, wonderful."

From behind the column came a young brown haired man with tricky dark warpaint on his face.

"Well, I'm here, what do want?" Danny shrugged.

"I'm Eltrys, and I'm sorry for dragging you in our problems, but this attack in the market means we don't have much time."

"What do you mean?"

"You want answers? I want them, too. A man attacks someone under daylight, and everyone knows he is a forsworn, yet the guards do nothing...nothing but clean up the mess."

"And you want me to find out why," Danny said without enthusiasm.

"It has been like that for years. Everything I see is murder and blood. I need help, please, I need you to find out why that woman was attacked, and who is behind these attacks. I'll pay for any information you bring me."

"But why don't you do that? I'm a simple teen."

"Someone is looking for me, I can feel it. And as for your age, that's exactly why you should do that. No one will ever suspect you, and even if they will, you obviously can stand for yourself."

"Well...you are lucky my job is saving people's butts. I'll do it."

"Thank you. Stay safe out there."

Phantom walked out of the small room. While looking at the city below he was thinking about where to start his investigation. Probably from that woman, that man probably had reason to attempt to kill her. Last time he saw her in the same tavern he had his breakfast. Hopefully she was still there. Danny hid in the alleyway and went ghost, before invisibly flying half across the city.

Once he got to the tavern and found the woman, Phantom switched back to his human form in empty room. He briefly examined furniture. The most confusing thing was stone bed. How could anyone sleep on it? Thankfully someone had any intelligence to put brown fur on piece of rock to make it softer. Snapping out of his thoughts, Danny opened heavy metal doors and entered the main hall of the warm inn.

The woman was sitting on the wooden chair near stone fireplace. Danny walked closer to her.

"Hey there," Phantom greeted with a smile.

"Oh, hello," she smiled. "Nice to see you again, ehm..."

"Daniel," Danny smiled too, sitting on another chair.

"Daniel, that's a strange name."

"Well, that's my name, it's not like I can pick it. Look, I came her to ask you something, if you don't mind."

"Alright, go ahead."

"About that accident at the marketplace, do you know why someone would want you dead?"

"I don't know, I just went out to buy some jewelry for my sister in Cyrodil, that's all."

Danny almost believed her words. Almost. He felt like she wasn't telling him something, and he voiced his doubts.

"Ah, damn, I must be losing mg touch," the woman muttered. "Alright, I guess it won't harm more. I am a spy of General Tullius. I was sent here to investigate the Silverblood family and their business here in Markarth. They own Cidhna mines, the toughest jail here in Skyrim. They throw there everyone they don't like. Believe me, Thonar Silverblood is behind that attacks. You will find him in Markarth Treasury house."