Chapter 117

YEONG-GI:

"You still don't get it, do you?"

"Get what?"

"I know about you and the young little Ms. Yoo."

Remembering how he drugged her and what he said about her at the company party, the control I have on my emotions start to slip. "Do NOT talk about her like that."

"And what are you going to do about it? The reporters will be coming in the next hour to interview us. They'll want to know why you assaulted me and all I have to do is tell them the truth: Yoo Shin-ae came between two allies. The shareholders will want her fired, of course. And who can blame them when she started the fight?"

"That is not what happened and you know it." Each word seethes through my clenched teeth.

"It's all about perception, bro. Just like that little lie you told Kousuke."

"What lie?"

"Let me see if this refreshes your memory: some time ago, you called your dear older brother and told him you were hanging out with some Diet-er person." Sang-chul taps his chin. "Hm, wait a minute...how could you have been hanging out with someone when you just parked your piece of shit car in the company garage?" He drops his hand from his chin and continues to smirk, "Ah-ha, I think I know. Could it be that you almost forgot you had work let alone give Shin-ae a ride?"

He was there that day!

I quickly try to hide my unease. "Whatever man," I say with a shrug. "Whatever you think you heard – it doesn't matter. It'll be my word against yours."

"Tch, I thought you might say that." He pulls out his phone and starts scrolling. "Ah, here we are. I think your brother will have a few things to say when I show him this." He shows me his phone and my face pales. It's a picture of me one his phone. The time stamp contradicts what I told Kousuke.

Control your emotions. Control. Control.

I straighten to my full height, which causes little blond weasel to back up a step, and smile. "Nice picture you have of me. I think I'm flattered, Sang-chul, since you've been thinking so much of me."

Sang-chul grinds his teeth and attempts to growl at me. "Oh, it'll be nice once I show it to Kousuke and prove how you covered up for that Shin-ae girl. She'll get fired and it will be no one's fault but your own...unless, you follow my lead when it comes to the reporters."

"And what lead is that, exactly?"

"Oh, you'll see," Sang-chul says with a chuckle. "Just agree with whatever I tell the reporters and your precious Shin-ae won't get hurt."

KOUSUKE:

Now that Shin-ae is safely away at her etiquette classes, I can finally focus in peace.  However, just when I get to work, little brother barges into my office. Of course, I do my best to ignore him. 

 "Kousuke," Nol begins. "We need to talk." 

Without looking away from my files, I reply. "Unless it's to report on how well you are working with Sang-chul, there is nothing we need to discuss." Hm, that's strange. My financial files in my hand indicate something that doesn't make sense. 

Nol stomps over and slams his palms on my desk. And his tantrum does not help. 

"Oi!" little brother exclaims. I slowly bring my gaze to meet his, keeping my control and professionalism. 

I set my files down and fold my hands over them. "If you're going to have a tantrum, little brother, I'd suggest closing the door behind you and have it in private."

The muscle in Nol's jaw clenches, but he does as he is told. For once. Ugh, if only I can get him to obey me all the time.

"Now, will you bloody listen?" Nol asks.

With the door finally closed, I lean back in my chair. "What is it this time?"

"It's about Sang-chul. He-"

I cut him off. "Your job is to get along with him. We have reporters due in less than an hour and you are -"

Now he cuts me off, " – he threaten Shin-ae. And our company image." I stay silent. Nol continues. "I know you probably care more about the company than Shin-ae, but Sang-chul is threatening both."

Little brother can think whatever he wants of me, but I need to get to the bottom of this. "How so?" I ask.

"He wants me to agree with whatever he tells the reporters...like telling them Shin-ae started the fight at the company party."

Resting my elbows on chair's armrest, I steeple my finger tips together. "And you're sure about this?"

"Positive."

"Hm. And, pray tell, would be his motive? Your assault on him has been televised. It's no secret you don't get along with him. Why should I believe you?"

Nol clenches his fist at his side for a few beats, then visibly relaxes. With a deep sigh, he confesses. "Because she is my friend. And I made a deal with you."

"Hm, yes." I concur. "I've seen the extent you've gone for this friend. I trust that's all she is – correct?"