Chapter 12

The room they put me in was gracious to say the least. I thought of Care and Ken, of my parents and my life. Was I just going to forsake that? I wasnt sure.

Stay with your mate, Siberia whispered in my mind. Quinn and Auburn let me know their agreement.

But what of the humans? What of Shadow and my dragon? What of all my life that I've lived there? Am I just supposed to give that up?

Let's face it Jaden. Those humans don't care about us. We can always go back for our animal companions. A wolf is supposed to be with her pack, not with some filthy humans who could care less about morals and love. For Goddess sake, they can't even have mates! Siberia retorted, with Quinn adding in bits and pieces. My whole body shook from all the yelling in my head.

I sat on the queen sized bed feeling all alone. I didnt want to go out of my room. I wasn't sure what to do. First of all, I needed to find some clothes. I checked the dresser, but of course, there was no clothes that would fit me.

My torn shirt wouldn't do either.

We need to go to our mate. The moon bids us so. My body trembled at the command. The thought of his touch sent my nerves on end.

I peeked out into the hallway to see if anybody could help me. Luckily, an omega was passing by.

"Hello? Do you mind getting me some clothes?" She turned towards me. Seeing my torn attire she graciously nodded and turned down a hallway. I closed the door and waited for her to come back.

A knock came on my door a few minutes later.

"Come in." She opened the door and slipped inside carrying a bundle of clothes.

"Thank you." I smiled at her, taking the clothes into my hands. It was a simple pair of jeans and a t-shirt that looked like it would fit me.

"Of course." She sniffed. "You're not a packmember, are you?" She asked as she narrowed her eyes at me. My heart rate sped up.

"I... Im a rogue." I couldn't meet her eyes. Rogues were disgusting creatures by nature and no common wolf would ever think differently. Except her mate of course.

"I... See... Very unusual." I could see her backing away from me slowly. "And Alpha has allowed this?" I nodded immediately.

"Well.... Okay then.." She finally made it to the door, slipping out into the hallway without a word.

I sighed in exasperation. How I hated such interactions. I changed into my clothes, wobbling on my knees from the thought of seeing my mate.

In a secluded area! My wolf barked out.

I inwardly rolled my eyes at her.

I peered out into the hallway for a second time that night, and seeing no one there, ventured out. I could hear voices throughout the whole pack house.

Howls also sounded from outside. There had to be at least 200 people around.

I tentatively found myself walking around the building. It was at least seven stories tall and with enough room to house 300 people.

So you could imagine that I would get lost. Nonetheless, I was a werewolf, and could easily pick up a scent. Especially if it was my mate's. I followed his delicious scent up about three floors and down several hallways.

I noticed that there was less and less people milling about the more I went up. I wonder why. Finally, I was standing in front of a large door swallowed in his scent.

Knock, Siberia commanded. I gave a gentle rap to the door.

"Come in." His voice rang into my senses.