Chapter 6

School today would slid by at a slow crawl, I knew, for everyone was anxious to start the fun days of the week.

As I sat at a vacant seat at the back of first hour, I quietly imagined what it would be like.

As usual, the teacher was either late or wouldn't show up at all. Asher slid into the seat next to me, and Caroline in front of me.

She turned in her seat, and put her mandala themed backpack by her feet. Next to me, a short blonde sat next to me, her name Alisa, I think, and turned to talk to her friends, their loud whispers could be heard throughout the class.

"Did you see the new guy? He's so hot-" I rolled my eyes. "-and I think he's gonna be in this class!" I mentally groaned. Probably another egotistical and cocky jerk.

Now, I know what your thinking, aren't you friends with Theo? Not really. I never really went for that type. Just saying.

After another ten minutes, our teacher bustled in the room, carrying a stack of papers, a school laptop- which every teacher is required to have- and a bunch of cords.

On the way to his desk, he nearly dropped everything in his hands, but still made it. He scrambled everything on his desk, righted his glasses, and stepped to the front of the room, nearly out of breath.

And yes, its always like this. He stood there for a moment, everyone's amused eyes on him, then spoke.

"Okay, class, today were going to be doing some more definitions-" at which everyone groaned-" but first, we have a new student." He said, and the girls next to me squealed, I rolled my eyes.

Our teacher, Mr. Edwards, motioned towards the empty door, at which our school counselor walked in the door, followed by a tall face.

"Ok, class, meet Talon Summons." His eyes scanned the classroom. His name. It was so... Weird.

His sea green eyes found my blue ones. He smirked. Yep, another egotistical jerk.

The girls beside me sighed dreamily, causing me to roll my eyes. They could keep on dreaming.

"Alright, Talon, Why dont you go sit behind Jaden?" -Mr. Edwards turned towards me- "Jaden, raise your hand." I reluctantly raised it.

This wasnt going to be fun.

*****

I successfully made it through every class. I have the worst luck ever, Im telling you. He ended up in everyone of my classes. And I even ended up getting paired with him in English.

Im dead now. I literally almost pulled my hair out. He was that annoying.

Maybe 'cause I was also the most annoying person when I wanted to be. Eh.

As I walked out into the large parking lot of my school, a hand grabbed my shoulder. I stiffened.

Please don't be him. Please don't be him. Please don't be him!

Fortunately, it was Kennedy. She placed her hand on her knees, and bent over gasping for air. I chuckled.

"How are you so fast!?" She asked. I shrugged, laughing. "So, where we goin?" She said, hefting her backpack onto one shoulder and continuing into the parking lot.

I followed her, shrugging.

"You don't ever know, do you?"

I shrugged again, and she chuckled.