Chapter 3

We all looked around in panic. I could feel my heart rate speed up, but I know I'm the only one that can face the monsters beyond the wooden guard.

I told myself to calm, even though my wolf was whimpering in my mind. I just ignored it, and spared my friends a glance, before I ran into the forest.

"No! Jaden! Don't!" I heard from behind me, but I kept on running. I ran towards the noises, now just the crunching of leaves underneath footing.

Another scream peirced the air, and I changed my direction, running towards the screams. I finally reached a clearing, where the screams were coming from.

But this place was empty. No sign of life or death anywhere. All of a sudden, I was on the ground, and growling silver wolf on top of me.

I gasped, the air temporarly knocked out of me. It was at least twice the size of my wolf. Speaking of her, she whimpered, knowing before I did.

This wolf was stuck in a trance for about five seconds before it growled at me. I didn't do anything, knowing I could take this wolf within a second, I just wanted to wait for the fun.

Suddenly, wolves of all colors and sizes surrounded us, and the silver wolf backed away from me. This wolf seemed to hold the authority. Beta or Alpha if I had to guess. At this moment, I knew what Siberia was so troubled about.

These were werewolves. I don't know how I could tell, but I did. I felt the urge to run, but I didn't take the chance.

The wolves surrounding me held their stances, but occasionally looked over at the silver wolf for an order. My breathing was shallow, my heart speeding up more and more.

After about a minute, a sweet scent began to fill the area, and it immediatly drew me to it. The smell was so nice. Like pine and chocolate. The smell intoxicated me, making me crave for more.

My mind went into panic mode. All of my senses climbed acutely, making every sound and every scent echo in my mind a million times.

The smell got stronger and stronger, before a wolf joined the small group that surrounded me. This wolf was even bigger than the silver one, and it was black and white.

The wolf shifted, and I averted my eyes quickly as they passed him pants. Once he changed into them, he looked at me, and growled lowly.

This growl quickly turned into one the sound of thunder, but I still wasn't scared. I was way stronger than this measly wolf. But what made me stay was the smell, and what Siberia chanted in my ear over and over again.

Mate.

*****

This person was indeed handsome, with strong cheekbones, and curly brown hair that hung down in front of his beautiful green eyes, which were rimmed with gold. Freckles spanned against his nose and cheeks, and full lips.

I could see all of these small details from where I was standing, twenty feet away. But I wasn't focused on that at the moment. Not that much.

He kept an emotionless face, as if he didn't know. But my wolf kept on telling me he did. My wolf also said something that didn't make sense. He was a hybrid, between a werewolf and a vampire. Surely this couldn't be a Alpha.

I need to find Asher.

I looked around, knocked out of my trance by this thought. I got off the ground, and the stranger growled again, and the wolves started closing in on me.