Chapter 1

I traipse through Lunar Forest, a place I call my sanctuary. I breathe in the scent of pine, created by the everlasting pine trees surrounding me, filling up the vast space.

Life was scattered throughout it, and the happy blabbing of birds filled the area with noise. The leaves golden, brown, and red drifted from the trees, landing in a heap on the forest floor.

It was a place of serenity and prosperity, a place that was dominated by neither prey nor predator.

This forest was not claimed by a werewolf pack, nor a vampure kingdom, but claimed instead by me. I know it seemed proposterous, one person- one creature- claiming land.

I subconciously reached up and played with my necklace. The charm ran through my fingers over and over, the jewels hidden in my fingertips.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, it showed a new message from Kennedy, and I already knew what she wanted, but nonetheless, I read it.

Kennedy: Hey, can you pick me up?

I rolled my eyes, knowing that she probably got her car taken away. She is always getting in trouble for almost anything that she does. Which is why she sneaks out.

I quickly texted her back, and started my car, pulling out of the parking lot. I followed the highway back to the city, singing along with the radio on the way.

I turned the music up, getting lost in the lyrics. When I finally made it back to the city, I was surprised I hadn't crashed into anyone.

I wound my way through the many streets, until I reached Kennedy's two story house.

I pulled up to the curb, and honked my horn. Almost immediatly, Kennedy burst through the door, running away from the kids that were chasing her.

Wow, she's in a hurry, Auburn, my undead side, stated.

This made me laugh as she quickly got in the car and ushered for me to go. I pulled from the curb as if we were in a car chase.

Once quite a ways away from Kennedy's house, I slowed a bit realizing just how fast I was going.

I took a shortcut to the house, trying to get there as fast as I could. We rolled down the driveway and pulled into our garage, where many cars sat, patiently waiting to be driven.

The house itself was huge, and every time I pulled up to the door I felt thankful that I had gotten adopted by a good family.

We exited the car, and left it, opening a door leading to our living room. It was giant, with stylish modern couches and a colossal flat screen TV mounted on the light blue walls.

A coffee table accented the living room, with a fancy brown and gray rug matching the couch colors. The place was spotless, and a glass chandelier hung from the ceiling.

The only time we really spent in here was when we had friends over, or when me and Carolin, my sister, were watching a movie together.

A set of stairs collided with the masterpiece, giving the home a second floor.

Pictures hung throughout the room, whether of our family, or of pictures of the exotic places our parents travel to.

Me and Kennedy climbed the stairs, heading down the hallway that held our rooms. Caroline's name was printed outside of hers on a childish sign she's had for years.

Her door was painted gold and blue, the colors mixing together to form a unique color that only describes Caroline.

With Kennedy trailing behind me, I knocked on her door, and shuffling noises sounded.