Chapter 8

Its been a couple days since I got the egg. I've been waiting, and I couldn't wait any longer.

I decided to go out tonight, with everybody. Today was Friday, (Thank God) and I knew everyone was bound to be at the skating rink tonight.

That's really the only interesting thing in town, other than the university and the river, where eveyone swims in the summer because the swimming pools here suck.

Anyways... I got up from the chair I dragged in here and went across the hall to Care's room, where she sat in her bathroom, straightening her hair.

She must have had the same idea I did.

"Hey." I finally called out. She almost dropped the straightener. She placed it on the counter, and held a hand on her heart.

She turned to me. "You scared the crap out of me." She said, her eyes wide. I chuckled.

"We going skating tonight?" She nodded. "Alright." I said, turning, and walking into my room.

I grabbed some decent clothes, and hopped into the shower. The warm water ran over me in perfect rhythm.

I washed myself absentmindedly, thinking about nothing in particular. Once done, I got out of the shower, wrapping a warm towel around my freezing body.

I dried myself, putting on my clothes. My hair hung damp still, so I used a drier and straightened it.

When I finally got done, I approved my look, and went downstairs. Care was already sitting on the couch, waiting patiently for me to be done.

She played on her phone, and was probably finished getting ready a long time ago. I cleared my throat, and she glance up, before returning to her game.

I rolled my eyes.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked. She looked up again, nodding her head. She turned off her phone, grabbed her purse, and walked out the door, leaving me standing there.

How many times am I gonna roll my eyes? I followed her, and noticed her sitting in the passenger seat of my car, playing on her phone.

I chuckled, sliding into the drivers seat. I backed out of our garage, and down our driveway. At the street, I turned on the radio, and hummed with the music, where Care belted out the lyrics.

Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

Simmer down, simmer down,
They say we're too young now to Amount to anything else
But look around
We've worked too d*mn hard for this Just to give it up now
If you don't swim, you'll drown
But don't move, honey

You look so perfect standing there in My American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down...

By now, I was belting out the lyrics to the famous 5SOS song. I loved this song. By the time the song ended we were already at the skate center, waiting for the song to end.

We were sad when the song ended, but when we got in the skate center a new wave of music crashed over us.

Most people were out on the floor, while others lounged in the seats of the concession area in groups, or the occasional kid who came alone.

Me and Care looked for the boys, who came every time, or Ken, who was usually somewhere by the concession area.

In the midst of a the kids here, I found the boys sitting on one of the benches by the floor. Theo held a phone high in the air, while Parker tried to get it from him. Asher stood there watching, laughing.

I have the best friends ever. We walked up to them, laughing alongside Asher. Parker slumped in defeat, while Theo held the phone in triumph. I chuckled.

Theo eventually handed the phone to Parker, who stuck it in his pocket with a grimace. Yep. I have the best friends ever.

Care, who stood beside Parker, pecked him on the cheek. Parker's cheeks tinged pink, and a laugh penetrates the air behind us.

We turn, and Ken stands there, skates in hand.

"Wow. Bravo. Ten out of ten." She says. We all laugh. At this point, we all don't even know what were laughing at. We just enjoy the fun.

______________________________________

Hey guys! Ive been SUPER bored lately, (and probably will be for the next week and a half) so I decided to put this chapter up. Yay! Wooo me! Anyway guys, tell me about your day, or how have you been!

I know you guys must be super bored too if your reading this story. My birthdays in 15 days! YAAAAYY. I'm so excited. If its your birthday I wish you a happy birthday! Well I'll see you later guys! (Or more rather, you'll read my story later)

-J