Imagine Waking Up and Having A Nightmare but Kili Comforts You.

Ugh. I haven't written in forever. And this is a Kili one no less! I haven't had much experience writing this particular prince, but I think he came out quite nicely. Of course, I can always do better. 

*After BOTFA AU

Imagine courtesy of imaginexhobbit on tumblr

...

You shot up out of bed, covered in sweat and struggling to breathe. Everything had been so clear; the blood, the screams, and your Kili dying in front of you and there was nothing you could do could stop it. Hot tears began to cloud your vision as you looked over next to you and saw your prince, alive and well. A loud sob left your lips and you covered your face, not wanting to wake Kili from his sleep. But your loud sniffles and sobs made Kili stir from his deep sleep. His tiredness soon faded away as he saw you shaking and your hands covering your face.

“Darling? My love? What’s wrong?” You sobbed a reply and he quickly wrapped his strong arms around you, bringing you against his chest. You buried your face into the crook of his neck and continued to weep. “Shhh my sweetness. It’s okay…they’re just dreams. They can’t harm you. Not while I’m here.” He pressed a sweet kiss to your forehead and hugged you tightly, gently rocking you to calm you down. “I’m right here. I’ll protect you. Everything will be fine, my sweet one. Don’t cry, okay? It breaks my heart to see you cry. Shhh, my love. Breathe. That’s it. Just breathe. Good girl.” After your sobbing ceased to nothing more than heavy breathing, Kili pressed a chaste kiss to your trembling lips. “You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to,” he whispered, somehow reading your mind. You sighed in relief and let yourself relax into your prince. You let out a few more sniffles as he continued to rock you gently in his arms.

“Thank you, Kili,” you murmured into his neck. He gave you a small smile and kissed your nose, earning him a small giggle in return. More kisses were peppered onto your face and neck, making you giggle and laugh even more. You felt his scruff scratch against your cheek and you sighed in bliss.

“There’s that smile,” Kili breathed onto your collarbone. “There’s that gorgeous, beautiful smile from my brave girl.” You beamed at him and rested your head on his shoulder, inching your hand towards his and intertwining your fingers with his. He lifted your hand to his lips, kissing it gently and stroking his scruff against the back of your hand. You gently held his face with your fingers and turned him towards you. You pressed your lips against his for a loving kiss. He shifted his arm and wrapped it around your waist, bringing you closer to his body. You made a strange little noise as he nipped gently at your lip, causing him to chuckle into the kiss. He broke away from you and his half-lidded, dazed eyes gazed into yours. He pressed his forehead to yours, his lips just hovering over yours.

“Kili,” your voice was a faint whisper against his lips and you could feel your body heating up. “I love you, my Kili.” You closed the small space between you and gave him a soft, short kiss. His warm hand caressed your cheek and you purred at his touch. A smile stretched onto Kili’s face as he witnesses your reaction to his touch. He could never get enough of your content face; eyes closed in bliss, lips slightly parted, and his lover’s beautiful face cradled in the palm of his hand. Your eyes open slightly as you feel his hands pushing your body back into the bed. The soft cushioning of the bed pushes into your back and you hum in approval as you turn on your side. Kili’s arms snake around your waist, pulling your back into his chest. Fingers brushed strands of your hair from your neck and soft lips began to leave scorching kisses.

“Try to sleep again, my love.” Kili’s hot breath tickled your ear and you purred in content. “Sleep, my sweet. I’ll be right here.” His soft voice whispered before you closed your eyes and slept with your prince watching over you.