🎶Chapter 7🎶

Bakugou POV

"Oh quit whining. Now listen as I list off your partner. I'm not repeating myself again." He grumbled as he scanned through the list.

By this point I wasn't paying attention and could only think of Deku.

Why am I always thinking of that damn nerd?

Every time when I look at him in the eyes small tunes of my song starts playing in my head.

Which is really annoying if I'm being honest, cause at that I can't think straight.

It's already been a month and I've improved myself. But the problem is that Deku improved as well which makes him as the same level as I am, making us more competitive to each other.

We have a lot of arguments of course. And we sometimes do duels when we're testing out our instruments.

But when I punched him when he was making fun of me for not getting the right fucking guitar strings, I didn't thought that he would punch back! I thought that he would cower and let me beat the shit out of him like any nerd would do!

I admit, It pisses me off knowing that one day he will surpass me.

"... and lastly Bakugou and Midoriya. Now, you can move your desk or whatever just don't talk too loud cause I'm going to take a nap." I look up to see Aizawa getting inside his sleeping back and rolling himself to the corner of the room, sleeping.

Wait what just happened? He said I'm partnered with Deku which means....

I heard chair screeching making me look up to see Deku dragging hid chair in front of me, facing me as he sat down.

We both glared at each other for a while, then he finally spoke up.

"So what instrument should we play to do this? I have song notes that I wrote in my journal, but if you have better songs, then I'll like to see them myself." he said seriously as he takes out his notebook.

I'm fucking confused right now. I guess I should've payed attention when Aizawa started explaining it.

He looked at me and as if he read my mind he rolled his eyes. "You weren't paying attention were you? Of course you weren't. So in this assignment we're going to write a song along with an instrument in which we both have to play and sing. We have this month to finish it which means the next month we're going to perform it. This is 80% of our grade in the first semester, so we have to work really hard on this." He explained.

I grunted in response. "Okay, let's first see what song we each have before we head to what instrument we play." I said.

He nodded in agreement as he started looking through his notebook. As he did that I took out my notebook and started looking through mines as I stoped at a page, shoving my notebook at his face.

He looked at it, scrunching his eyebrow. "I'm not a fan of heavy metal if that's fine."

I groaned as I snatched my notebook back and started looking through some other music that isn't too hardcore.

I give up. I thought as I closed the stupid notebook as I slam it on the desk making Deku flinch.

I glared at him. "So what ya have in mind Deku?"

He looked at his notebook, then placed it on the table, pointing a finger at a certain chorus.

~~•~~

- Odd Future

(btw, these lyrics belong to Jonathan Young. You should really check out his YouTube, his music is amazing!)

[Intro]
You ready?
Are you excited?
Go!
(What's going through?)

[Verse 1]
Learning how to try
Don't say no to starlight
Having to enjoy the contradiction
So if you're dead last (Take one step!)
Know yourself (Take one step!)
Love yourself (Take one step!)
Easy

[Pre-Chorus 1]
One day you'll start to understand
There's no point to this
Unending day, then you'll
See that it's all just a game
Hindering ourselves
We fall apart
Reasons that we keep apart, oh

[Chorus 1]
Dreaming! Reverse in my mind, between the silver line
My heart's in the sky
Through the darkest night
Let's run 'til the dawn's first light!
Dropping the resolution of the future
We're looking away
In the day-to-day
Let's try to stop living a lie!

Keyboard Tunes

Octave 4: - - - - - - a - g - a - - - g  - - -f  - - - a - - - I

Octave 2: D - - - d - - - c - - - c - - - - - - - b - - - I - -

Octave 3: - - - - - - - - - -F  - - - a - - - - -a- g - I- - - -

[Verse 2]
Everything is like a rust escaping me
And we're living in a darker history
Every single excuse I ever made
I just gotta learn to throw them all away
And I think I still remember all my lies
I was always living with dead eyes
But now I gotta live every day more alive!

[Pre-Chorus 2]
(What's going on?)
Well I guess that I haven't finished yetLived the day-to-day, but never tried to fix it
(What's going on?)
Well, I guess that I'm different than the rest
Now I recognize that this is a test, yeah...

[Chorus 2]
Meeting dry tears and then tomorrow comes
Let's try it again
Being the best that you can
Let's go!
Thinking! Synapsing my mind
As it courses through
I want to succeed in the day-to-day
Let's try to stop living a lie!

[Chorus 1]
Dreaming! Reverse in my mind, between the silver line
My heart's in the sky
Through the darkest night
Let's run 'til the dawn's first light!
Dropping the resolution of the future
We're looking away
In the day-to-day
Let's try to stop living a lie!

[Outro]
If you can live through all of the danger
And get to the love and the dreams, then you'll be alright
Just try not to fall when destiny calls!
So answer when your destiny calls

~~•~~

"I also have the keyboard tunes of the song In the next page. I made this song for only two instruments. The keyboard, and the drums." He explained, turning to a page to see the rest of the keyboard notes.

I gotta say, these lyrics ain't half bad. But now way in hell im saying it to his face.

I huffed. "Fine. We'll use your stupid song, only because I bet the rest are as lame as this one." I smirked when I saw his eye twitch.

He sigh in frustration, then looked at me with a fake smile. "I don't exactly hate you, but if you were on fire and I had water, I'd drink it." He winked at me as he got up and walked towards Aizawa, asking permission to go to the other room to use the instruments.

I sat there, shocked. Well fuck you too, Deku. I growled as I glared at motherfucking Deku as he started walking towards me.

"Come on, we got permission to go to te other room." After he said that he started walking out of the room as I pushed pass him, walking ahead of him.

~~•~~