13

"Where have you been, Spencie?" Cat asks.

"Don't call me that," Spencer mumbles. "I've been sick."

"That's not what a little birdie told me," Cat says with a malicious smile. Spencer likes Cat, but sometimes she just can't get the hint.

"Oh, yeah? And who would that be," Spencer says apathetically.

"Penelope Garcia."

Spencer sighs. "What are you doing talking to Penelope?" he asks. Spencer isn't even surprised that Penelope let it slip that it had something to do with his mom. She's a great friend, but she really can't be trusted with a secret.

"We have P.E. together," Cat deadpans. Spencer almost laughs at the idea of Cat Adams in a gym uniform.

"It's none of your business," Spencer says. He starts to walk away but Cat grabs his hand.

"Why are you being so standoffish?" she asks.

"I'm not," Spencer argues, pulling his hand away. "I just don't want to be late for class."

"We still have ten minutes left of lunch," Cat says, folding her arms across her chest.

"I have to go," Spencer stresses. He walks off before Cat can stop him.

"What was that all about?" JJ asks Cat.

"I'm not sure," Cat says. "Do you think he hates me? I feel like he hates me."

"He's just going through a lot right now," JJ says, trying to pinpoint Spencer in the crowd of students in the cafeteria. When she finds him, she walks quickly over to him.

"Spencer, you can talk to me."

"I can't, JJ. You just won't understand."

-

Aaron and Emily have no intention of telling their parents they were suspended. They actually came up with a good plan: get home early two days from then to check the mail, then take the letters from Barnes and hide them.

Their current schedule is to waste three days at the park until it's time to go home.

Emily and Aaron are sitting on the sidewalk in front of the park, laughing at eachother's stupid jokes. "And the Haley told me that I'm the one being selfish," Aaron practically snorts. "It's ridiculous."

"Hand me your phone," Emily says with a smile. Aaron does so a little hesitantly.

"What are you doing?" he asks when Emily opens his texts with Haley.

"Fixing all of your life's issues. You're welcome," Emily says. Aaron takes his phone back and sees that she had texted Haley to break up with her for him.

"Honestly, thank you," Aaron sighs. "Our relationship was getting really toxic."

"Anytime, Aaron,"

A/N: a filler chapter because I'm at a writer's block. Next one will be better x

Y'all aren't even ready for the next,, four chapters lmao 👀

I am CLOSE to 1k omg

Word count: 457 I'm so sorry