10

Please read-

This chapter deals with details of suicide. Please read cautiously.

Roslyn Jareau had stolen a razor from her father the night before. That's what Jennifer Jareau tells her mother.

It doesn't make sense at first. Why was that so important as to call her at work?

It finally sets in for Sandy when she hears sirens over the phone. JJ can't cry. She can't find it in her. She will never forget the sight of her sister's body laying lifeless in the bathtub. Roslyn had slit her wrists.

JJ pulls on the heart locket on a chain around her neck as she explains it to her mom. JJ can't help but feel like it was her fault. She had stood there for ten minutes, frozen. She was speechless. She was stunned.

JJ keeps her head down as a police officer guides her down the hallway. The family portraits and paintings are making her sick.

She does the only thing she can think of doing. She calls Spencer Reid.

He and Emily are at the park. Spencer is reading a book while Emily is swinging on the swing set. She swears you can never get too old for them.

Spencer does have a phone. He hardly uses it, but it exists in the far depths of his backpack. When he feels it buzzing, Spencer digs through papers and notebooks until he finds it.

The name on the screen makes Spencer sigh. He considers declining the call, but decides to answer it.

"Jennifer," he says. "Are you okay?"

JJ doesn't say it. She can't bring herself to put the words 'Roslyn' and 'death' in the same sentence. Instead, she asks, "Where are you?"

"I'm at the park," he replies softly. He hears the click of the line and shakes his head. The park is only a short walk from JJ's house. "Hey Em?"

"Hm?" Emily asks, taking out one earbud.

"I'm heading over to JJ's. Something's wrong, I can just feel it."

"Have fun," Emily mumbles. Spencer grabs his backpack.

He doesn't even make it halfway before he sees his familiar blonde friend. Her clothes are stained from Roslyn's blood.

"JJ? Oh my god," Spencer says. He immediately hugs her, and without her saying it, he can get a good idea of what had happened.

Roslyn was never the happiest of nineteen year-olds. She wasn't vocal about her depression, but she wasn't great at hiding it, either.

Spencer had picked up on it. He's sure other people did, too.

Why didn't he say anything? Why didn't he try to help?

"Is it okay if I stay with you guys for now?"

"Of course it is," Spencer says. Even if JJ could stomach going back home, she can't. It's a crime scene. Her sister's bedroom is being taped off as evidence.

Spencer doesn't care about the "Cat incident" as much as he probably could have. He just needed a break. JJ's confession to him combined with her lying was just too much for him to handle.

The next few days are miserable ones. JJ and her family are crushed even more by Roslyn's funeral. JJ is asked to speak, but she can't do it. The moment she is stood in front of all of her peers' solemn faces, she decides she had let Roslyn down. They all had.

JJ's last conversation with her sister is running on repeat in her head. Why didn't she catch it? Her sister had been wearing that necklace for years. Why didn't she see it was a sign?

The sleepovers at Emily's house are becoming more and more frequent. JJ just doesn't feel like she can be at home anymore.

Spencer knows the feeling.

A/N: last update for maybe a week :) writer's block has been pretty bad but I'll get through it
Writing these last few chapters has made me p sad ngl

Word count: 652