Chapter 14 | Darling!

Recap ~
Disgusted.

The next morning, Anika mentally prepared herself to be Shivaay's personal assistant for a week. She had zero percent interest in being his P.A but she had to do it as she couldn't deny Dadi's request.

The destination was Oberoi Industries that day. Reaching Shivaay's office, she stepped in to be stopped at the reception for access card to enter further in. That's when she recalled an incident that happened six years back.

*****

One bright morning, Shivaay and Anika were talking about going somewhere when suddenly an idea popped up in his mind.

"Why don't we go to the Oberoi office?!" He asked her when she gave a confused look.
"But why?" She asked to which he said back, "You will get to know darling!"

Reaching the office, Shivaay told Anika to go inside while he left to park his car. At the reception she was stopped and was asked for access card. Before she could say anything, she heard a familiar voice from behind, "She is my girlfriend." Shivaay stated, his tone sounding sharp. Anika widened her eyes when he blurted out the truth while the employees at the reception were flabbergasted by the word 'Girlfriend'

"He meant girl friend right, Shivaay?!" Anika corrected him and he nodded back smiling cheekily at her. As he took her inside, Anika didn't speak a word as she was annoyed with him.
"What happened darling!?" He whispered in her ears when she glared at him. He very well knew the reason for her anger but he acted as though he didn't know anything at all.

The office was not occupied with many employees as it was a Saturday. Only a few could be spotted here and there in that huge work space. Entering the CEO's cabin, Shivaay said "This is my cabin. I will officially start working here from the next year, Anu!"
He sounded really excited at the end making Anika smile.
"I want my girlfriend to design my interiors." he stated surprising Anika.
"Shivaay are you kidding me? This is the Shivaay Singh Oberoi's office and I'm not a designer! I can't take the risk of spoiling your cabin!" she said.

He held her hand gently and said, "I know you are no designer but you are the best in whatever you do Anika."
"But Shivaay..." She was stopped as he interrupted her, "Your boyfriend has to start working here in another year. So, when he is in his cabin he has to feel he is with his girlfriend every single second!"

"You are talking as though I will not be there with you after an year!" She chuckled when he glared at her. He seriously didn't like the idea of Anika not being there with him.
"Mr.Handsome, stop looking at me like that. I don't know what I will do if I lose myself into those alluring blue orbs of yours" she said winking at him and that definitely melted his heart.

(A/N ~ I wish I continued this flashback even further! Some romance maybe😌)

*****

"She is my personal assistant." She heard the same voice that answered six years back at the same place.

Everything changed. Was she just his personal assistant and nothing more?!

"Personal assistant for a week!" She enunciated looking at her boss.
"Issue an ID for her." he said and left without hearing a reply back.

"Excuse me ma'am, sir is calling you" Soon, a clerk informed Anika to which she nodded back in response. As she entered his cabin, she was surprised to see the same interiors she designed for him years back. She was still lost in thoughts when he spoke, "Ms.Anika focus on your work!"
"Ss-sorry!" She stuttered still thinking of the reason.

Why did he have the same interiors even now?!

"My schedule for today is set. You just need to see if everything is going accordingly." he told while she simply nodded.

The day wasn't really long. That evening, Anika was in Shivaay's cabin busy writing down things for the next day. As she finished planning the schedule, she saw a name plate on the table printed in golden ink 'Shivaay Singh Oberoi, CEO Oberoi Industries'.

Without her permission, her hand instantly lifted the name plate and slowly caressed the name on it. Just when she heard the door opening, she immediately kept the name plate back and tried being normal.

"Ms.Anika did you touch anything on my table?!" He asked eyeing his displaced name plate when she quickly said, "Why would I touch anything sir?!"
"Never mind!" He said settling in his seat, continuing "So I hope you scheduled my next day!"

"Yes, that's been done!" She said looking down at her phone ringing.
"Excuse me sir, I need to attend this call" she said showing her phone screen. The caller ID 'Darling' made his eyes almost pop out of his socket. He gestured her to pick the call without any hesitation.

"Hey hi sweetheart, sorry I couldn't call you today! I'm starting from office. I will meet you on my way. Bye!" Anika spoke in an extra sugar coated voice irritating Shivaay.
"Ms.Anika only if you get urgent calls you can pick up else I won't encourage this." He told sternly when she said back calmly, "Sir, this call was important. I don't want to hurt my loved ones by avoiding them like how one did to me!"

The next second she bid a bye and left from there even before Shivaay could respond.

_______________________________________

Precap ~
Billu-ji

What do you think Shivaay's reaction would be? How is he feeling?! For a week Anika is going to be his P.A! Is something going to happen? Is it for their good or bad?! So many questions right! You will know all this very soon. Stay tuned.

Love
Manya