five: rekindled friendship

Start from the beginning

"Sorry," Taehyung mumbled, as he began crying more, the piece of cloth not being enough. He got up and looked away from the graves. "I don't even know why I'm crying, sorry." He tried to laugh to lighten the mood, but that didn't quite work. Namjoon sighed, he pulled the younger close, Taehyung giving in and laying his head on the elf's shoulder. Namjoon patted his back, letting him cry all he wanted.

It took a while before Taehyung finally stopped, and when he pulled away, he saw the wet blotch he left behind on the other's clothing. "Sorry," he apologized again.

Namjoon shook his head. "It's alright. It's okay and normal to cry, it's better than holding it all in."

Taehyung nodded. "Even though I don't remember anything?"

"Well, your memories haven't been erased, just hidden. It's still in you. And the emotions that carry with are there too."

The elf didn't like this. He wanted his memories back. He wanted to stop feeling so emotional yet emotionless at the same time. "Is there a way to reverse the spell?"

"I've been looking into it. Don't worry, I will find one."

Taehyung thanked him, Namjoon really was a great help throughout this entire process. He didn't know what he did to deserve such a kind elf by his side, and not only his, he's been there for generations along with Jimin. Taehyung wanted to ask about how they are exactly immortal, learn more about him, but he didn't know if it was appropriate yet, but his curiosity has always got the best of him.

"Your aunt has returned from her trip. Shall we go see her now?" Namjoon questioned.

Taehyung smiled. "Lead the way."

•—•—•

"Aunt Linda, that's enough," Taehyung pleaded, mouth stuffed with all sorts of treats.

"Oh, please, just one more!" the elven lady said, bringing another cookie-like treat to him.

Taehyung chewed as fast as he could before taking in the cookie, eating that quickly as well. "That was the last!"

His aunt smiled, setting the treat she had already picked up back down. As soon as she saw Taehyung, she ran to him an engulfed him in a big hug. Jin kept commenting on how he'd never been cared for that much as she fed the prince her best sweet filled recipes.

"I really wish I could've come sooner, no one in this palace could beat my cooking! But of course, I had to visit some allies in the North." She paused to sigh, but then her lips spread out into a big smile. "But those days are finally over for me. Our King has arrived!"

"Indeed he has. I was worried I'd have to become king one day," Jin said, finally being able to take a treat for himself as he wasn't allowed to by his mother before.

"I bet you'd make a wonderful king, cousin Seokjin," Taehyung said.

Jin furrowed his brow. "Why are you speaking like that?"

"Jeongguk said I talk too much like a lazy human."

"Jeongguk says a lot of things, and 107 percent of it is crap."

The two elves shared a laugh at that, Linda joining in.

"I see you and Jeongguk are still inseparable," she said. "Seokjin never hung out with you too, only with girls! Such a playboy he was!"

"Mom!" Jin yelled in embarrassment.

"Inseparable?" Taehyung repeated.

His aunt nodded. "I never saw one without the other. Don't you remember?"