Chapter 2: The Party (pt1)

Lunch started and (Y/N) took out her bento box, which had rice, sashimi, vegetable tempura, and some salad. Her mouth watered and drool escaped from (Y/N)'s small mouth.

"What?" (Y/N) replied to the sudden chuckle.

She looked back to look at Shikamaru, who was smirking at her drool that was rolling down her chin. (Y/N) immediately wiped it and then said,

"My bento is the best! I made it for myself so naturally, it tastes good."

(Y/N) felt like a champion and smiled widely. She dug in, and just closed her eyes in awe.

"I haven't done something for myself in a looong time."

"Really?"

"So he speaks! Pineapple is speaking!" (Y/N) mocked.

"What do we do? He finally spoke." (Y/N) rambled on.

Shikamaru was annoyed and ignored her mockery. He rolled his eyes and just stopped paying attention to (Y/N). Ignoring her, he took out his earbuds and listened to something that (Y/N) could not hear. She hated being ignored, but this time instead of lashing out like usual, instead, she just frowned and looked away.

'Wow. That kind of hurt. Actually a lot, yep.' (Y/N) thought.

"Hey whatcha listening to?" (Y/N) asked.

"Here." Shikamaru simply said.

Shikamaru handed her his earbuds and phone. As he passed his phone to (Y/N), their hands touched. Although Shikamaru thought nothing of it, (Y/N)'s eyes went wide.

"T-thanks Shikamaru.." (Y/N) stuttered, trying to hide the blush resting on her cheeks.

"Sure I guess."

(Y/N) took the earbuds and played the track without looking at what was about to be played.

"Ooh neat." (F/N) says.

"You like lofi hip hop?" Shikamaru questions.

(Y/N) nods and closes her eyes.

"It's relaxing isn't it?!" (Y/N) shouted.

"Spunky, be quiet!" Shikamaru whisper-shouted.

"Geez.. Anyways, you can have it back." (Y/N) says as she passes it to Shikamaru.

"Yeah, whatever."

Time skip - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(Y/N) looked at herself in the mirror continuously.

"Sis hurry!!! Someone's at the door already!!!!" Kiba said.

"Uh, can you get it please??!" (Y/N) shouted as nicely as she could.

The click of the door went off and (Y/N) heard the greeting. Finally, she looked once again and applied one more layer of clear gloss.

(Y/N) goes to the kitchen to get a glass of water. On her way there she greets the guests.

"Yeah, thanks."

(...)

"Anyways Sakuraa, want to come with me?"

(Y/N) turns to see Sasuke glaring at Kiba's flirtatious ways.

"Bro, leave poor Tomato alone, look he's getting red!"

"Ohhh, so someone's jealous!" Kiba said

"I'm not, I could care less of what you're doing, I know she won't do anything with you!" Sasuke shouted.