Chapter 5: Evening

"Actually, I didn't know you were coming, Choji, but it's cool to see you here." (Y/N) admitted.

"Yeah, forgot to tell you about that." Shikamaru said in response.

"Well, you should've." (Y/N) crossed her arms and pouted.

Choji looked at Shikamaru and then at (Y/N), "Wait, are you two like on a date?"

(Y/N) felt embarrassed, her whole face flushed. She was about to protest when Shikamaru said calmly,

"Of course not."

"Y-yeah, what I meant was that you should've told me, I could have invited Ino, or TenTen. If anyone's dating it's you two," (Y/N) said quickly, pointing at them defensively, "I'm totally gonna third-wheel."

Shikamaru and Choji looked at each other and laughed out loud.

"Don't laugh! It's true."

"Oh, (Y/N), you're so right but then again you're so wrong. God, I would totally be all over you Shika, if I wasn't straight." Choji said, eating chips between the sentences.

"Yep. Now let's go inside already." Shikamaru said, as he swung one arm over Choji's shoulder.

Finally in the theatres, they all sat down, from left to right, Choji, Shikamaru, and (Y/N). After claiming their spots, (Y/N) got up and briefly told the two that she was going to the concession stand for some snacks and a drink.

"What, we literally just snuck some chips in, I could give you a bag if you want." Choji said.

"Wait what, where did you hide them? (Y/N) said in shock.

"That's a secret." Choji grinned.

"Well whatever, you guys want some drinks, if you haven't snuck those in too." (Y/N) asked.

"Sure, a coke and a sprite."

(Y/N) walked off to the concession stand, getting popcorn, candies, and drinks. She got the things and walked back to the auditorium. Just as she was about to enter, she spotted someone.

"Hey Ino-chan, Sai!"

"Hey (Y/N)-chan, what's up?" Ino says as Sai waves (Y/N) over.

"Going in to watch a movie with Shikamaru and Choji. You two?" (Y/N) replied.

"We're on a date, are you watching that movie too?" Sai asks, pointing to where (Y/N) was about to go in.

"Yeah, you guys watching it too? That's cool! I'd totally invite you guys but it's a date so I don't wanna bother you two." (Y/N) said, hoping that maybe they would go sit with her anyways.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that, but thanks for the thought anyways." Ino said.

'Damn.'

"Mhm, no problem, coincidence, huh?" (Y/N) said, now walking in the auditorium with Sai and Ino.

"Yeah, crazy, I needed to help my mom out with the flower shop yesterday after having a day off on Saturday, so I figured I could be with Sai today instead."

"Cool, see you then." (Y/N) said as she walked into the aisle.

Sai and Ino went further up, and (Y/N) was settling down into her seat, giving Shikamaru and Choji their drinks, as well as telling them about Sai and Ino. The guys thanked her for the drinks, and the trailers and ads started rolling in. As the trailers went by, the trio made fun of the cringy trailers and discussed the interesting ones. Obviously, they couldn't forget the iconic M&M's ad. Conversations started to dwindle, and as if in cue, the movie began. (Y/N) was especially excited for this one. She had seen the trailer awhile back, and not to mention she enjoyed watching thriller films.